Ariel or Remedy?

albash82

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I'm basically about to take the plunge again and can't decide what to go for.

I've narrowed it down to two options:

➡️ Trek Remedy 9.7 - complete bike

or

➡️ Saracen Ariel 14x Frame plus a new Rockshox Revelation 150mm fork - build with stuff currently adorning my Decade hardtail.

With the Remedy, i've a very light, tried and tested design, overflowing with trek's own tech. Lifetime warranty on the frame, plus the fact i work in a trek dealer. It's got routing for a Reverb stealth, and a spec that i'd enjoy tweaking to my liking...

With the Saracen, i've a blank canvas. My mate bought an Ariel frame last year as a stop-gap to update his very tired old trail/xc bike. He was very surprised and has fallen in love with the way it rides.
I saw them at Icebike & seriously liked what i saw.
The Remedy would obviously cost me more than just buying a F&F & sticking my kit on...

I'm not really considering anything else at the moment. Just these 2.

Ariek a stop gap?! Thats saracen back on top form dontcha know!

Id go with saracen purely because there a bit less common.

cyfa2809":37jdfh25 said:
hirosawa":37jdfh25 said:
You can get the Remedy as a staff bike (ring your rep) so it's a bit of a no brainer, IMO.

If thats the case....

Although maybe Madison offer a similar scheme if you want a Saracen or Genesis or Ridgeback or whatever else they do, never looked into it myself.

hirosawa":2ck24dkx said:
cyfa2809":2ck24dkx said:
hirosawa":2ck24dkx said:
You can get the Remedy as a staff bike (ring your rep) so it's a bit of a no brainer, IMO.

If thats the case....

Although maybe Madison offer a similar scheme if you want a Saracen or Genesis or Ridgeback or whatever else they do, never looked into it myself.

Yeah, i can get decent staff price on the trek, not had it confirmed for the saracen yet. Even if i do get the ariel frame at trade, to buy a new fork, and all the other things i wouldn't be able to transfer over from my decade would still be approaching the price i could get the remedy for... and its a carbon frame... i miss the weight of my carbon zesty.... hmm, i may be swaying towards trek here.

Back