MOTOR CHAT

RobMac":1d8hycvq said:
Im wandering off topic 'kinda' Im thinking about getting a soda blaster and a polishing set-up :?

What for ?, bits of the Golf ?, do you need a compressor to run the blaster ?

My main reason is, although yous guys might not realise it but Im still heavily into my motorbikes Ive got a 'few' :oops: I'd be using it to strip the paint from petrol tanks and cleaning up old alloy engines (and the Golf bits :) )

Followed by me getting stuck in with my polishing set-up :cool:

And yeah I'll get a compressor sorted out as well. I can do my spraying and air brush work then :cool:

Rumble":1xuhbsoh said:
The pajero needs new rear brake calipers :cry: Now I know I can get replacements for cheapness on ebay but how hard a job will it be changing them over? Obviously I do all my own work on the bikes but i've never done more than change a wheel on a car. I'm thinking/hoping it can't be that hard to follow instructions in a haynes manual though?

How did you get on?

Always done my own brake work, thanks to owning old beetles.

My fronts are binding a wee bit here and there, hard to tell but the wheels heating up a bit gave a clue.

They were all new all round, calipers, discs and pads, but the master cylinder is old so I am thinking strip and check all, but go with a new master just for luck! :)

Are we talkin air cooled Beetles here?
If so Im rather partial to them my self, Ive got a nice 1600 twin port engine & gearbox destined to be use in a trike.

The pajero failed it's mot yesterday, needs a couple of welds before I get it back on the road.

I can always run about in the car we picked up yesterday for mrs rumble. Weren't even looking, saw it on a forecourt as we were driving by and impulse bought it the same day!

DSC004491.jpg

DSC004511.jpg

Yeah, that's why we didn't hang about. The left hand drive takes a bit of getting used to, but it's great fun on the twisty bits.

Back