Cannondale Lefty

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
Before I commit to buy anything would a standard lefty/jake lefty fit on my 98 Raven?It's runing the stock fatty at the minute but really want a lefty for it.

Yes it will fit. I swapped a headshok for a lefty when i built my last one. No problems

Just managed to get myself a lefty (jake) and wheel!Proper happy. Any advice on removing the fatty and fitting the lefty?

Don't know how to swap them but a cannondale mechanic mate of mine said the biggest thing is to make sure the boot is in perfect condition!
I'm trying to find one for my Merida :D

I cannot wait to get my hands on it, i'll need a disc caliper (mechanical) as i've just bought some nice XT brake/shifter combo's. Im hoping that it will be a straightforward job to swap it over.

yeah should be a straight forward job mate. Just make sure you get the upper crown with the fork. The lower will be pot rivetted to the steerer on a jake

I swapped the headshok for a Lefty Jake on mine and love it. Add that to a modern Fox RP23 rear shock and it's one of the nicest riding bikes I've been on :).

Back