Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Rampage":27tjlabe said:
Yes, it's really nice!
Is it a Dyna-Tech stem?

Yes, it's the originally fitted Dynatech Ti-Stem.

One more picture taken today
large_IMG_2685Large.JPG

Lamima":13lg74yb said:
bikemeister2000":13lg74yb said:
Really great build. Very in keeping with the period. :D

Best regards

Thanks, i hate catalogue-builds but i LOVE building bikes with period-correct parts...

Did you know that these frames were avaiable as built models through both Raleigh Germany and also ZEG.

Regards

Hello bikemeister2000,

the Torus of Lamima was a 1994 Torus STX with a complete Shimano STX SE from Raleigh Germany. Including the purple U.G.L.I. fork and purple Dynatech stem, the original Price was 1999.-- DM at each Raleigh dealer in germany. The former owner was changing only the fork and stripped the decals. The frame Number should start with C for the year.

The ZEG ltd. modell was the black Titanium XTR with a green Steel BIG FORK. Without a canti socket the framenumber started with a T (maybe for Tomac series you build in 1992/1993 for Raleigh USA). The frames with the canti socket should have a framenumber with C or D. For this last meaning I'll ask in germany a guy with the nickname PHO. Tomorrow I'll make some pic with my two ZEG modells.

Sincerely Yours

Dynatechrider

Dynatechrider":16g9ajr8 said:
The ZEG ltd. modell was the black Titanium XTR with a green Steel BIG FORK. Without a canti socket the framenumber started with a T (maybe for Tomac series you build in 1992/1993 for Raleigh USA). The frames with the canti socket should have a framenumber with C or D. For this last meaning I'll ask in germany a guy with the nickname PHO. Tomorrow I'll make some pic with my two ZEG modells.

Looking forward to the pics.

Diablo DX Frame?

Any Dyna Tech experts care to offer any advice on my Diablo DX frame value - in the 'whats XYZ worth' thread please?

Many Thanks

Oh what fun the Dyna Tech is up and running at last. I still need to fit some more appropriate pedals and change the crank arm bolts to the newer cap head version. The ride is very nice comfy and fast although I will be needing to fit a shorter stem as the reach is a bit long, other than that I am well happy. I have only ever seen this finish twice before, once on an ebay listing for a Lopro TT frame that I should have bought as it went for pennies and another that has been changed to fixed gear by a clubmate.

20120323_084944.jpg

20120323_084954.jpg

20120323_085035.jpg

20120323_085124.jpg

Back