beach criuse

clockworkgazz":3sddvz88 said:
Tls very beautiful in the kingdom, is it good riding tazio?

I was hoping one of our tame Fifers might have a route suggestion. I tend to drive though Fife on the way to somewhere else.

What distance is it "roond the twa bridges" hogging the shoreline/cycle paths? That Forth Road Bridge and Kincardine :)

RobMac":r817ou5a said:
What distance is it "roond the twa bridges" hogging the shoreline/cycle paths? That Forth Road Bridge and Kincardine :)

I think its 35-40 miles all pretty level, plenty stopping places, wee toons, nice group shots on the Forth & Kincardine bridges :cool:

RobMac":3kdcddh6 said:
RobMac":3kdcddh6 said:

I think its 35-40 miles all pretty level, plenty stopping places, wee toons, nice group shots on the Forth & Kincardine bridges :cool:

Sounds about right, a mate recently did it over 2 days with his 12 year old son with him.

But you are talking about a guy who went for a 30 mile run as something to do as he was bored when we were in Oz last month

:shock:

Starting in central edinburgh and ending at the forth bridge after crossing the road and kincardine bridge is 50miles - it is quite nice passing through Culross and Blackness More of a road run, but I think the Northqueensferry - aberdour - burntisland - kinghorn - kirkcaldy run will have more of the beaches/rocky shoreline that Gaz was on about - not sure on the riding further up towards st andrews but I think the fife coastal path is fairly good most of the way. Not really off road though.

We could have a BBQ day at Tentsmuir - forest riding, as many miles as you want to make it, with the odd berm thrown in for a section or two.

The Forth Bridge to Leven on the coastal path is mainly off road, remember I was doing it twice a day to and from my work.

Wasnt thinking about a monster ride, the idea is not to break into a sweat just good company great coastline and mibee even some drink. Fife does offer some great options as does some of the more windswept west coast, would people consider a camping overnight to make a journey further afield worthwhile?

When I say offroad I meant rough, I thought (well it was when I was a lad :) ) the coastal path was fairly smooth, even tarmaced in places (silversands to kinhorn/burntisland ?)

Back