1997 Zaskar

konaman1":2zrbqrnv said:
Excellent mate, now l see why you wanted your '97 catalogue back :)

Great to see a pic of the Backwoods how it was bitd :cool:

Thanks chap. Love(d) that backwoods

Zaskar

Lovely frame indeed. I've even had go on it myself. Roberto looks after his stuff excessively well.
You're going to love it :D

Only one pic for now and its not a good one.

zaskargeared.jpg

Gears suit it (me) a lot better. Despite it being NOS not a massive fan of the Kore stem so might swap that over for either a X Lite Fly or a Roox Danny Boy stem.

Also after some bombers, but these 20" frames need a massive steerer - headtube itself if 150mm!

For the geeks out there its M738 XT shifters, rear mech, matched with a to-be-slated STX RC 4 arm and random exage front mech. Bought the wrong pull M738 front mech!

Better pics to follow. I await criticism or comments.

The gold Hope quick release seat clamp is ace but this is my first flite saddle and dont see the fuss. Bloody uncomfortable to say the least!

coomber":2290a8q1 said:
The gold Hope quick release seat clamp is ace but this is my first flite saddle and dont see the fuss. Bloody uncomfortable to say the least!

Try a Charge Spoon. Good value and surprisingly comfortable... but it does depends on your own arse :LOL:

I have a modern Madison flux which is basically a charge spoon copy so yeah, think I am going to have to make the change. I've given the flite some time and its not for me. Looks good though!

coomber - daft question, what's the deal with the x-lite bolts on your front brakes? Shiny loveliness or functional upgrade?

I only ask as I've a similar looking x-lite bolt knocking around in my toolbox (think it's titanium)

Tired Joseph":1sv5bv47 said:
coomber - daft question, what's the deal with the x-lite bolts on your front brakes? Shiny loveliness or functional upgrade?

I only ask as I've a similar looking x-lite bolt knocking around in my toolbox (think it's titanium)

Hi chap.

They came with the brakes, offer no performance upgrade and to be honest, dont even think they looks that much better than standard bolts. But hey, its bling for the sake of it!

Latest posts

Back