Dave Lloyd: Beez Neez - DONE - P5

:cool: Like the frame. Tasty workmanship.

Also that is the best name for a mtb.

Donkis Knob was bad taste. Dogs Bolox was just rubbish. I wouldn't like to own a bike with those names.

Love this one...thought you might like this article for your build thread ;)

Attachments

• Dave Lloyd bees pg2 001.jpg
    Dave Lloyd bees pg2 001.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 4,190
  • Dave LLoyd Bees pg1 001.jpg
    Dave LLoyd Bees pg1 001.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 4,189
Great looking frame, its going to be very pretty with all that nice XTR hanging off it!

The paint is amazing - it is very like the colour of a CATS WISKAS in a catalogue I have for Dave Lloyd.

Looking forward to seeing it finished :D

I Like the read of this article, it touches on the "confines" of U.K tubing supplies at the time.

I am very much looking forward to hearing how you feel this bike rides, and how much weight you will save by using a top flight component spec, as opposed to the LX spec shown in the review.

I have a feeling it will be quite some ride, especially if the choice of tyre you use, comes in at a width of 2" or less.

Wadsy, this is not the first time i have read a review, where frame builder has commented on the uphill struggle some had, in making its mark, in a market place dominated by imported frames.

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts, on this bike in comparison to an equivalent Spec/priced bike from a similar quality builder in the U.S. (perhaps Mountain Goat WTR for example).

looks great in the flesh mate,

fantastic paint, look forward to having a go when all built ;)

stubbsy :D

Bit of progress.....

Sourced a nos T-bone stem that will be painted to match the frame.....

T-Bonestem2.jpg

Tange Prestige steel :) .....

T-Bonestem1.jpg

Rubbed down slightly and carefully with scotch pad.....

DLStem001.jpg

New decals :D .....

DLStem002.jpg

These look will look good on the stem I reckon; from wanit.co.uk

I have the paint already. Special stuff to match the frame; silver undercoat with blue over then lacquer. Should look :cool: - I hope - it'll cost enough!

Cheers

That stem should look ace with the frame. I have a very similar Tioga stem and they are very nice quality and you can pick them up at reasonable prices.

Latest posts

Back