My 92 GT Avalanche

Andy_Brn

Dirt Disciple
I just thought i'd post a few pics of me and my newly aquired 92 GT Avalanche making the most of the sun on Sunday :cool:

This is my first retro bike :cool:

My1992GTAvalanche4.jpg

Hells8trail-10-02-089.jpg

Hells8trail-10-02-088.jpg

Hells8trail-10-02-087.jpg

Hells8trail-10-02-083.jpg

Hells8trail-10-02-08.jpg

To be honest, my Trek 8000 hasn't turned a wheel since I got the Avalanche.

I've just come back from a week riding the Coed-Y-Brenin and the Marin Trail on it and it was perfect :cool:

Infact I keep searching the net now for a higher spec GT steely like a Borrego or similar to keep my Avalanche company :D

In 1992 the Avalanche was near the top of the GT tree. Think they're built from prestige.

Only the psyclone was above the avalanche in the GT range - not sure what year they started building them.

The Borrego was mid range from memory.

I know that it's a true temper frame.

And it rides a lot nicer than my 2006 Trek 8000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually got a flip flop stem in the garage, I just need to get it painted to match as it;s black at the mo.

Although if a proper white one turns up.................. :cool:

Those pics were taken only 3 miles away from my front door in the Isle Of Man.

It's a 2.5 mile climb mind you, which according to my Garmin goes from 136ft to 1358ft in one go :-(

Nice bike. I do love GT's from the early/mid 90's, especially the ones with mad paint jobs :LOL:
Yours looks very well looked after, and IMO would look just sweet with a set of Rock Shox Mag's on the front. Also, as you say, get a GT stem for it with a little less rise ;)

Heres my Avalanche Expert 2007 after my ride on Sunday. Cant help but wish GT would go back to the good old days of lively paint jobs!

Attachments

• DSC00437.JPG
    DSC00437.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,417
Back