Dekerf Suspension (DEK449)

RockiMtn":1mqg9kfy said:
beepbeep":1mqg9kfy said:
The chromed gusset under the downtube looks great.

don't believe it's chromed, but polished stainless steel.

Ooooof! That's a lovely detail.

Gotta be red and silver kit on this, surely? It would look ace.

You don't see many small Dekerf frames, do you?

ringo":2r8qt06m said:
..Rear end has a little shonk, but it seems to move at the point the top of the shock joins the frame... Maybe some spacers would help...

Did you manage to sort this out? I can't tell from the photos, but there might be a spacer missing at the point where the shock "bolts in to" the AMP Rear end..?

Yes, is polished stainless. I'm trying to get hold of a set off chrome legged AMP front forks... If anyone has a set they can spare a PM would be appreciated.

As for the magura's maybe Red is the way to go and tone down on the red ano...

My tuppence ha'penny worth: yellow Mag's would work depending on the tyre choice; red Mag's would work if you ditched the red ano. theme as they would compliment the decals; an AMP fork would balance the rear end nicely; the frame is so pleasing to the eye that it needs 'subtle' rather than bling...

...and a DeKerf I 'get' :cool:

the frame is so pleasing to the eye that it needs 'subtle' rather than bling...

Yes, I'm seeing that Steve... Red Maguras and no ano... That leads to the question should seatpost, stem, bars etc be silver or black? :?

I'm seeing black syncros putting in an appearance.... Group will be mainly period correct XT...[/quote]

Thought you would like this for your thread Mr Ringo Sir ;)

Attachments

• De Kerf sus pg2 001.jpg
    De Kerf sus pg2 001.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 432
  • De Kerf sus pg1 001.jpg
    De Kerf sus pg1 001.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 432
Thought you would like this for your thread Mr Ringo Sir

Thankyou Captain C, great write up and it gives me the basis for the original spec. Need to now find one of those headsets and some XT hubs. That will then fit in well with my green Dekerf Mountain...

Black Syncros is looking favourite... but NOS... I'm not the Aga Khan!! :D

On another matter has anyone else got one of these?

You don't see many small Dekerf frames, do you?

Rob, it's identically sized to the Mountain, which is admittedly a little small for me (at six foot), but I can't ride a gate, can I? :D

Latest posts

Back