What hoses?

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If you're fitting braided hoses, make sure they're plastic sheathed. Bare braid has a tendency to saw through things. :roll:

cyfa2809":1oyz2tf6 said:
So that would fit the ebay hose to my brakes?
I cant find the pdf?

I presume it all depends on the ID of the hose. The one in the Ebay add looks to have a large ID, but that could be a generic photo of just the zoom making it look larger than it is.

The pdf is HERE

I see, i currently have the black 5mm hoses i believe.

Does anyone know of a sheathed 5mm hose with the compatible ID of the hope olives?

it is best to buy a kit with all the bits.

braided hose - don't see the point myself - extra weight plus the ones i have seen have the end fittings crimped on i.e.vyou need special tools. 9no doubt somebody will come along and point out self assembley scew on fittings that can befitted to any braided hose)

they are meant to tkae the sponginess feel from the lever but i have shimano, magura, jaqwire, formula and avid hoses and find thenok - the rear is more spongy than the fro9nt but does not bother me plus i don't recall braided hose being better on a set of hopes i had.

Braided hose for the looks haha! And also because the hose is less likely to kink.

I have lots of fittings now and am replacing hoses anyway (too short) and its what i have always wanted.

Pretty sure the hope fitting will fit braided hoses well (think similar to motorbike), but sheathed/braided would be even better.

Back