Rocky Mountain Blizzard 1995

i've dispatched a Canadian Geese to deliver these to you. ;)

however i don't find them to be the brightest animal in the world so it might take a while to get to you. And gawd knows who decided to make it the official bird of Canada! :roll: i can't count the number of times i've almost ran them over as they ignorantly meander across roads in rush hour with on coming traffic in both directions. :evil:

Attachments

• IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,677
RockiMtn":kmd4fqfi said:

however i don't find them to be the brightest animal in the world so it might take a while to get to you. And gawd knows who decided to make it the official bird of Canada! :roll: i can't count the number of times i've almost ran them over as they ignorantly meander across roads in rush hour with on coming traffic in both directions. :evil:

Coz they have serious guts! be proud of 'em!
A neighbour of mine is an Air sea rescue Sea king pilot and once flew into a skein of Canada geese at high Altitude 20,000 ft plus, one of them came right through the plexiglass canopy and landed on his co's chest. Undeterred and un injured, the extremly cross bird, then proceeded to rip the poor hapless fellas Oxygen mask off and beat him around the face with it's wings. they had to perform and emergency landing, fortunately they were over land and the bird was released unharmed!
Amazing creatures really!

Wold Ranger":173tkjoo said:
RockiMtn":173tkjoo said:

Coz they have serious guts! be proud of 'em!
A neighbour of mine is an Air sea rescue Sea king pilot and once flew into a skein of Canada geese at high Altitude 20,000 ft plus, one of them came right through the plexiglass canopy and landed on his co's chest. Undeterred and un injured, the extremly cross bird, then proceeded to rip the poor hapless fellas Oxygen mask off and beat him around the face with it's wings. they had to perform and emergency landing, fortunately they were over land and the bird was released unharmed!
Amazing creatures really!

:roll: grass is always greener, in this case, the other side of the pond… you don't have to live with them. think you'd loath them after a month of them poop bombing every square inch of your neighborhood with their vile green mess. :evil:

the american's pick a bald eagle, we pick a stupid goose! really??? :roll:

more progress

So I thought I had better get a shake on to be ready for when those mucky geese arrive :D
So this Sunday morning I fitted the forks and a few other yummy bits

I start with a picture of the frame pre restoration showing the `9`5 only tubeset sticker which Gil is currebtly working on for me.

Attachments

• Gumps sale pic.jpg
    Gumps sale pic.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 650
  • Frame pre resto.JPG
    Frame pre resto.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 652
So ..forks are straight leg P2 style with Spinner dropouts ,nice fat profile and I think the straight leg looks great
The idea was to go rigid with this build despite the original being equipped with Rockshox as I want to exploit this fast frame on dry Summer singletrack ;)
The other diversion from period correctness is the use of a NOS XT threaded headset ( 1 1/8" ) as I wanted to use a Syncros Stem I already had.

Attachments

• `95 BLIZZ 001.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 001.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 643
The Bars are Syncros and wear XT thumbshifters and Dia Compe SS7 btake levers ..grips can only be ODI Attack in black this time

Front Mech is XTR M900 ( 28.6 TOP PULL ) Rear Mech is XTR M900

Hope Titanium Bottom Bracket 110mm spindle (new cups cost me £40 :shock: )

Anyone notice I only have three of those lovely red bottle bolts ? anyone have another going spare ?

Brakes following the Dia Compe route with Minty 987 Cantis ( no weird routing for the rear cable on this frame so they should work well ,those of you who have seen my `92 will know the rear brakes didnt work as the friction in the cable routing was too much...93 LX cantis now work well ;) )

It feels so decadent when building a bike up with so many NOS parts looking at all the empty boxes :)

Attachments

• `95 BLIZZ 002.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 002.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 632
  • `95 BLIZZ 003.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 003.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 632
  • `95 BLIZZ 004.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 004.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 632
So to the wheels...

Ringle 32h superbubba front and rear stitched to Araya RM20 rims in black with straigh stainless spokes ( built by Mercian Cycles in Alvaston Derby )

love these wheels :D

Tyres are Blackwall ( wow it must be modern this one :shock: ) Ritchey Z Max Hard Drive ( Kevlar bead ) look like they will be great for those dry Summer trails ;)

Most of my morning was spent at the kitchen sink with wet and dry working on the seatpost which when I recieved it looked like a basket case :roll: it was so scored that it wouldnt even fit the seat tube....so when you see a post advertised that says a few insertion marks dont expect to be anything other than disappointed :twisted:
However a light file wet and dry paper and scotchbrite and she is like new again just needs new decals ( Syncros ) :D

Attachments

• `95 BLIZZ 005.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 005.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 628
  • `95 BLIZZ 006.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 006.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 628
  • `95 BLIZZ 008.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 008.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 628
  • `95 BLIZZ 002.JPG
    `95 BLIZZ 002.JPG