Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

any123":33lnnb43 said:
But that still does not answer the question of am I allowed to call this an adroit.

Of course you can call it Adroit because that's what it is.
The point made by several guys here is that a 1997 model is an Adroit, not THE Adroit. The difference is just like that Klein was not an independent company anymore but a subsidiary of Trek.

At last we got to the point Archangel you answered my question and you also answered the point.

the point of 9 pages was everyone saying its not a real adroit of old but i was saying its still an adroit.

the question was can i tag it as an adroit and the answer was yes because it is an adroit.

So i was right all along it is an adroit and can be tagged as a 97 adroit. because that is what came out of the factory.

thanks andy

any123":3r97oilp said:
At last we got to the point Archangel you answered my question and you also answered the point.

the point of 9 pages was everyone saying its not a real adroit of old but i was saying its still an adroit.

the question was can i tag it as an adroit and the answer was yes because it is an adroit.

So i was right all along it is an adroit and can be tagged as a 97 adroit. because that is what came out of the factory.

thanks andy

:facepalm:

archangel thanks for the informative post. it does give me a much better idea why ardent klein fans are anti trek. what they have also done to fisher dismays me somewhat, perhaps not as much though as the superfly 29ers are a very good bike still with a unique and inventive aspect, being the geometry and custom fork design.

broadly, and in relation to 123's critics generally, it does seem a bit unfair to target 123 for simply restickering his bike to the same detail it once came from the factory, be it trek deception or not. i wonder if any other attitude adroit owners have 'down specced' their bikes when respraying them and applying attitude decals.

possibly, though i suspect few and far between.

at the end of the day, 123's bike is just a nice old mountain bike, with a very trick new paintjob and a new lease on life, and what seems like a build of modern parts that hint at the fact its more than likely going to get ridden some in the future, which for a bicycle, is a good result.

thanks, eddy (not really of course)

...and so it continues.... :facepalm:
Andy has taken some original factory stickers off his bike, given it a lush paint job, and replaced the original stickers with identical ones, and all the Klein experts, pedants and snobs can't resist commenting that "....in 1995 they stopped being manufactured out of boring oxide, and weren't 'real Kleins' anymore... Unlike mine, which still has its original oil on its chain, as it's never been ridden" (said in the best geek/Mr Bean voice)

Honestly, lay off

This is why I will NEVER own a Klein... for all the pedantry and snobbery you lay yourself open too

This bike will be ridden as it was designed to be, which is far more respectable than any 1994 "original" that hangs in a hermetically sealed vacuum chamber, looking pretty, but never seeing the light of day

Andy, I hope when you ride this baby so hard that you fall off, graze you knee and chip the paint, that you raise a smile to all the pedants whose only enjoyment of their bikes is to stare at them through the cellophane wrapping... then get back on your bike, laugh, and ride even harder

G

That is it folks the most controversial Klein ever built me thinks along with a pick of me other controversial DI2 Klein. I must say thanks to all the guy's who put input into this topic and thanks for getting me to 9 pages on one build. Sorry the pic's can't be that great but my camera skills are rubbish.

This time Saturday this bike should have churned up the lake district at the national and i suspect i will be taking a photo of it doing some work.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

Back