• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now taking votes for the February 2012 road Bike of The Month contest. Vote wisely :cool:

img_1535_167.jpg

Citoyen du monde's 1965 Masi Special

IMG_2880.jpg

dancingjack's 1989 Merlin Titanium

sachs1.JPG

bushpig's Richard Sachs CX

image001_348.jpg

johntomjoe's 1983 Raleigh Winner

p1010916_1000x750_157.jpg

Ianus' 1997 Colnago Master Olympic

lemondzurich_180.jpg

BG's 2002 Lemond Zurich

6885771983_9d70fc6f05_b.jpg

Hunterlar's 1994 Roberts

dscf0417_731.jpg

bikenut2010's Olagnero

Roberts.

My vote goes to the Roberts - modern classic, don't like the wheels, but that's my personal choice.

Lovely English frameset from a top builder.

Well done.

Roadking.

P.S a little adjustment to that rear brake cable - slightly long!

Thanks Roadking. I have some non deep v wheels for it too which I will run normally. The shamals are nice but not suitable for use every time. The camera angle I think makes the cable look a bit long, might trim it a cm or two. Good luck everyone.

my vote goes to the roberts...very nice bike and photo :) well done

to john' the guvnor '
i think maybe in a strange way a compliment :LOL:

good luck to everyone

Masi all the way the others have their merits but the Masi stands out for me least of all because its clean - does not have to try - effortlessly quality machine

I love my modern Pegoretti, as well as my modern Marnati. I love my modern gruppi too, but I not want to come to retrobike to see modern bike or bike with modern gruppi. Is my opinion that they not belong here.

at this time I think the MASI SPECIAL was absolutely the best in this month

toomski":2wuyf0nj said:
Masi all the way the others have their merits but the Masi stands out for me least of all because its clean - does not have to try - effortlessly quality machine

slotcar55":2wuyf0nj said:
I love my modern Pegoretti, as well as my modern Marnati. I love my modern gruppi too, but I not want to come to retrobike to see modern bike or bike with modern gruppi. Is my opinion that they not belong here.

at this time I think the MASI SPECIAL was absolutely the best in this month

Thanks to all that supported my Masi.

Congrats CdM

Also congrats to runners up dancingjack and hunterlar :)

These bikes are just so nice. I like the Massi and the Robers very much. They are to my opinion the most interesting. But the Colnago with the blue shamals and DA 7400 cranks and parts are also really looking the bomb. Maby we see to much of these and dont value them becuase of that (a bit like the klien's).

But I think that bikenut2010's Olagnero had too little attention. It looks like it is the one build with the OR Max frame set and lugs. If you have a close up looks at those lugs it is really nice... the tubings are rather big and oval but the nicly made lugs gives the tube connctions a fine finish. The Or max tubeset is also used on eg. the Kona Explosif (1996-7). But the tig'ed OR max are not so clean to look at. So i value the Olagnero a lot for the use of that tubeset and those lugs!

Latest posts

Back