Possible King Kahuna?

Perhaps someone in the know could message her to let her know what a sensible start price might be... Perhaps even write the listing for her? :)

I see that markwashington has already contacted her to say what it is and what it's worth...

Playing devil's advocate here......

......isn't half the point of ebay that the seller should do their research and put up a set of decent photos and description. If they haven't then that's how we get bargains on stuff.

I understand that she's selling bits that belonged to her dead brother, but isn't it defeating the point of an auction site if people email and tell sellers what goods are worth - I also bet they wouldn't have if they'd fancied bidding on it themselves!

..............devils' advocate mode off...............

ajantom":35rw8ni4 said:
Playing devil's advocate here......

......isn't half the point of ebay that the seller should do their research and put up a set of decent photos and description. If they haven't then that's how we get bargains on stuff.

I understand that she's selling bits that belonged to her dead brother, but isn't it defeating the point of an auction site if people email and tell sellers what goods are worth - I also bet they wouldn't have if they'd fancied bidding on it themselves!

..............devils' advocate mode off...............

She is selling items that belonged to her brother who has passed on...in good spirit the people on here they have advised her to adjust the starting bid..she has done so..must be traumatic putting items on sale or ebay that belonged to a loved one with all the memories that go hand in hand.....its good to see..well done all..i really do mean that ;)

Ernie ;)

She is selling items that belonged to her brother who has passed on...in good spirit the people on here they have advised her to adjust the starting bid..she has done so..must be traumatic putting items on sale or ebay that belonged to a loved one with all the memories that go hand in hand.....its good to see..well done all..i really do mean that

So, if she had not been selling items that belonged to her dead brother, then no-one would've told her and people would have kept it close to their chests?

I do agree that in this situation it is nice that people have helped her out, but if I had been a non-Retrobike member and had spotted it and bid on it in the hope of a bargain - the original ad made no mention of her brother btw - then I would be understandably annoyed.

ajantom":cws600vl said:
She is selling items that belonged to her brother who has passed on...in good spirit the people on here they have advised her to adjust the starting bid..she has done so..must be traumatic putting items on sale or ebay that belonged to a loved one with all the memories that go hand in hand.....its good to see..well done all..i really do mean that

So, if she had not been selling items that belonged to her dead brother, then no-one would've told her and people would have kept it close to their chests?

I do agree that in this situation it is nice that people have helped her out, but if I had been a non-Retrobike member and had spotted it and bid on it in the hope of a bargain - the original ad made no mention of her brother btw - then I would be understandably annoyed.

To the first paragragh ..yes personally i would have..but thats me

To the second paragragh...yes i too would be annoyed..yes we all like a bargin :D but seeing as this is the Premier retro MTB site it was nice to see the Lady was guided in the right direction by enthusiasts :D

Ernie ;)

ajantom":5sox2997 said:

I'm annoyed every time someone outbids me. I can usually get over it though. :roll:

Ah its very nice someone told her what its really worth

decency 1
bargain hawks 0

frame was too big for me anyway... just kidding

Back