British Steel

Well thanks very much guys, you've ruined everything for me. Now I seem to have developed a huge passion for getting a Dave Lloyd frameset, as quick as possible, all in the space of this one thread.

Gits. ;) :D

I used to love going to stare at them in my LBS - there can't have been many shops with actual Dave Lloyd bikes to look at on display (most were ordered direct maybe?) so I must have been a very lucky boy.

Dredging up memories I think my LBS had a Cats Wiskas, a couple of others I think, but definately a Beez Knees in the yellow and black. I would really really REALLY like a Beez Knees - but searching for rocking horse poo sprinkled with pixie dust all served in a unicorn horn encrusted with leprechaun gold coins is maybe an avenue I maybe daren't go down.... :-(

I so wish I'd seen that Recycle advert - that frame is the perfect size for me. :-(

Rod_Saetan":2mmgh9le said:
UK projects.

P1020165.JPG

You are a teasing git roly.

A man after my own heart.... :shock:

And thats a great picture by the way.....what is the frame with no name...?

Im sure you could tell us all a little more ? ;)

Rob Atkin":2uy6qarx said:
Well thanks very much guys, you've ruined everything for me. Now I seem to have developed a huge passion for getting a Dave Lloyd frameset, as quick as possible, all in the space of this one thread.

Gits. ;) :D

I used to love going to stare at them in my LBS - there can't have been many shops with actual Dave Lloyd bikes to look at on display (most were ordered direct maybe?) so I must have been a very lucky boy.

Dredging up memories I think my LBS had a Cats Wiskas, a couple of others I think, but definately a Beez Knees in the yellow and black. I would really really REALLY like a Beez Knees - but searching for rocking horse poo sprinkled with pixie dust all served in a unicorn horn encrusted with leprechaun gold coins is maybe an avenue I maybe daren't go down.... :-(

I so wish I'd seen that Recycle advert - that frame is the perfect size for me. :-(

Mate i cant wait to see Wadsys Beez neez.....i think knowing wadsy its going to be the Bis nez.... :LOL:

This thread has 'forced' me to make a start (I was waiting to get all the parts 1st)

Anyway, gave the frame a good polish and it's come up very nicely :)

Pics can't really show it, but here you go.....

DaveLloydFrame008.jpg

DaveLloydFrame009.jpg

I'll start a build thread and post a few more ;)

Cheers

Now that is a Rare speciality... :shock:

An Original too.... :cool:

Lost for words..

to be continued...

Attachments

• Fillet..jpg
    Fillet..jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,364
  • big lev.jpg
    big lev.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,362
  • 753.jpg
    753.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,362
  • CR.jpg
    CR.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,364
...... :cool:

Attachments

• Roberts,peugeot,biglev.....replica Team bike..jpg
    Roberts,peugeot,biglev.....replica Team bike..jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,361
  • quality work..jpg
    quality work..jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,360
I've got a soft spot for Peugeot mountain bikes, as my very first mtb was a bright yellow Peugeot from about 1985/86. I believe it had a lot of Sakae parts on it. I remember thinking how damned cool the fluted seat post was.

but I thought they were fabrique en France? non?

classen":3fvn73vw said:
I've got a soft spot for Peugeot mountain bikes, as my very first mtb was a bright yellow Peugeot from about 1985/86. I believe it had a lot of Sakae parts on it. I remember thinking how damned cool the fluted seat post was.

but I thought they were fabrique en France? non?

You are quite right, Peugeot were a french manufacturer, however, in the early days of Mountain bike racing, Peugeot had both Tim Gould and David Baker on there squad.

The story goes, that Chas Roberts was asked to build them Custom Race frames, that were made to measure, which of course he did, and the team bikes were then painted in the Peugeot team livery.

These team bikes were Based on the Roberts " White Spider ".

I always understood, that both boys suffered Frame failures on there original Peugeot supplied bikes, and felt them heavy, and not up to the task in hand, hence the need for a pure race frame suitable for Elite Class Pro riders, weight/ geometry/strength were all contributing reasons, for the switch to custom built frames, rather than the off the shelf offerings that were originally given to them by Peugeot.

thats the story in short from Chas and my memory the actual team bike used had a great "feature" here on retro bike and all thanks to our very own DoctorBond.

See link below....Its a great read and an amazing story, forgetting the top quality of the actual bike itself.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/feature-bike ... te-spider/

Attachments

• 20110519timgouldanddavidbakerla.jpg
    20110519timgouldanddavidbakerla.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,149
Back