Anyone own a Hartmann?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Having only recently found this forum; after reading about all sorts of exotica from the 1990's I remembered a couple of brochures I had saved; one was from Hotta, in Torquay, the other was from the UK agent of a Swiss company called Hartmann. I loved the look of the Black Ram which was a rigid, elevated chainstay design carbon frame, mmmmmm. At £2.5k it was a little out of my reach, but I wondered if anyone here had one, or had ever even seen one.

kikaha":wqywtvur said:
not my one...

WOW! So they really do exist...well, at least one does.

I scanned the 1994 brochure and passed it to the mods for uploading into the archive, but I didn't know if any ever made it over here (or anywhere else).

Never seen one before today and my word they are ugly!

Not my thing at all but I would give it its due, it almost looks modern with those carbon forks.

I think forum member 'RetroBikeGuy' did or does have one.

Have a search in Readers Bikes for pics...

He collects that type a thing. Has MKZ and CSX Kestrel frames too I think along with others...

Cheers,
BB

RBG/Lee spotted the RAM on Holland's major classified site. I had it sent over to me, sold the modernish Rond-Magura fork (that had a ridiculously short steerer) to another and properly packed the frame for shipping to UK. I remember the frame as being very light. A nice piece for sure and in very good condition.

I also offered assistance with the 'Beasty Bikes' Lee spotted in, if I recall correctly, Almere through the same classified site. Another trick carbon monocoque creature. The expensive frame was built with a crappy mix of bits that we later identified as being of a well used Raleigh. The frame itself was in a pretty neat shape.

262995636_56403f495e_b.jpg

This full suspension uses an elastomer damper unit. The one generation younger Beasty Bikes was pretty much similar, but had a RondWP damper fitted. That frame was also carried in the S-bike line up.

Nice Concours entry there, no faults that i can see....

oh..wait a minuite, i'll just open my good eye......shouldn't that seat clamp be verticle

:twisted:

Elev12k":28lhpgxr said:
That frame was also carried in the S-bike line up.

When I first saw that Beasty Bikes, I thought it looked familiar.
The same frame (albeit with some minor changes) was indeed used by Sbike. Due to the £4.5K pricetag (in the economic downturn of the mid 90s !), only a handful of those were ever sold.

I happen to have such a frame at home.

P2230003m.jpg

You can clearly spot the differences. The Sbike version used a rear shock that mounted to the top of the frame and had internal cabling.
The Sbike version also had a different rear end, but unfortunately I'm missing that. So mine will probably spend the rest of its days hanging on the wall.

Latest posts

Back