1996 Colnago Tecnos decor build

I decided to email info@colnago and see if they could shed any light, indeed even get back to me with any information on my bike or colour. I wasn't holding my breath but I did get a reply within 24 hours from a laura thanking me for my choice of bikes and to state the frame number ! I replied immediately and again within 24 hours got a reply.
'Dear Mr. Brown, your frame was made for a Belgian customer to custom paint code'.

In my words that's unique. In other peoples, bloody good job too :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe it was painted up for a flush / pro rider after all.......
Maybe actually painted in Italy too......

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Absolutely Stunning.
Campag equipped Colnago with Shamals - ultimate class. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks lads. Just back from a few days away visiting my parents in Devon where I used to live. I took my bike with me and did 20 odd miles around the old lanes I used to ride 17+ years ago. It was a beautiful summer like day with butterflies and the ever present smell of manure. Heaven. Don't mind admitting this hairy arsed builder got a bit emotional remembering the all old roads :LOL:

shawnb":2e4p66ml said:
Thanks lads. Just back from a few days away visiting my parents in Devon where I used to live. I took my bike with me and did 20 odd miles around the old lanes I used to ride 17+ years ago. It was a beautiful summer like day with butterflies and the ever present smell of manure. Heaven. Don't mind admitting this hairy arsed builder got a bit emotional remembering the all old roads :LOL:

marvellous stuff!
i'm from Devon too - Brixham, then near dartmoor, Dawlish (bmx years), Shaldon , Torquay, Totnes now exiled up north but planning the move to Brizzol as we speak!

I was in NZ for 4 years, pining for home - then last summer i took my bike to Shaldon and rode up to Haytor (forgot how hilly it was!) happy days!!!

the orchard/drive of our old house
04062011091.jpg

my old primary school
04062011094.jpg

:cool:

Looks like you had a good ride there ^^^^^^

I rode around Membury / Axminster which really is out in the sticks ! My parents have since moved to Sidmouth on the south coast though.

Forgot the great feeling of riding roads like that (apart from the potholes and hedge cuttings everywhere) busy city centre or seafront rides just aren't the same, it's a job to even find a nice quiet lane in this neck of the woods :roll: Just the other day I hit a pedestrian hard with my bike who jaywalked right across in front of me in the seafront cycle lane :evil:

I grew up just outside Exeter and now live in Southern France. I have to say, Devon and Cornwall must be two of the most beautiful places on earth... Loved the description of riding along with the smell of manure and the butterflies!!! Really brought it all back.

That's a superb Colnago. There used to be a great Colnago dealer in Nimes (France) which had lots of steel frames hanging up with all kinds of weird and wonderful paint schemes. When you say yours is unique you've hit the nail on the head.

Back