1989 RekTek - Canadian Content

Well it was a beautiful morning, and before heading off to work I had to snap a few pics in the backyard.

It still needs pedals, a chain, possibly some cable re-routing in the back, and a thorough adjusting of the derailleurs.

Yeah, I'm thinking I should swap the front and rear derailleur cables to eliminate the cable cross here.

Attachments

• rektek_almost_there_6.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_6.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 47
  • rektek_almost_there_5.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_5.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 43
  • rektek_almost_there_4.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_4.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 45
  • rektek_almost_there_3.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 46
  • rektek_almost_there_2s.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_2s.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 47
  • rektek_almost_there_1s.jpg
    rektek_almost_there_1s.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 50
Great job! Looks strange to have Canadian content with a cactus in the backdrop! :LOL:

Agree you need to re-route the two mech cables. ;)

Is that your riding seat height??? :? running quite low in the front! :shock:

RockiMtn":1ep3pbep said:
Great job! Looks strange to have Canadian content with a cactus in the backdrop! :LOL:

Yep, I'm getting soft living here in northern California. :?

Agree you need to re-route the two mech cables.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when i did that, but I'll fix it.

Is that your riding seat height??? :? running quite low in the front! :shock:

Since I haven't swung my leg over it yet I don't really know. I set the seat height to the ~pedal-seat height from another bike that is setup properly, but I think I may have left it ~1" too high. It will all get sorted once I take it for a spin and get it dialed in. The side photo is at a bit of an angle too so might look a bit more outta wack than it really is.

This weekend I'm taking it for a ride..... even if only around the block :oops:

you could probably pull up the stem up a tad to give you a little more height in the front as well.

what pedals are you going with? and did you sort out a BB for the REVs?

RockiMtn":1oibv7il said:
you could probably pull up the stem up a tad to give you a little more height in the front as well.

what pedals are you going with? and did you sort out a BB for the REVs?

It fit me when I was 18, and honestly I'm the same size now so it should be OK once I get the seat adjusted.

For now I've got a Shimano UN-whatever-has-the-alloy-cups BB (UN-55?). It spins and the cranks fit so I'm not going to fuss over it for now. I'll keep an eye open for an older Syncros BB to swap in eventually.

I have a nice set of the bear trap M730s. They look huge though. I might put on some M735s, but my current set is completely thrashed.... and I'm ashamed to put them on this shiny bike.

classen":3ddmvtpc said:
I have a nice set of the bear trap M730s. They look huge though. I might put on some M735s, but my current set is completely thrashed.... and I'm ashamed to put them on this shiny bike.

PM sent. ;)

Back