Another Kula! 2002

As it stands Xmas 2011, bottom of Stanage (Plantation downhill)

Seems very happy on the 100mm Fox's (the SIDs gave up the ghost eventually.)

Schoolboy error on the rear mech stretch in this shot! :LOL:

P1090026-1.jpg

Next outing is New Year in the Lakes, Walna Scar and some other new routes for me....
I'm sure Nick you know them very well!?

It's been powder coated white, as I of when I bought it from Nick C.
As for the stem, I've been looking for an excuse to put it on my white Allez road bike so.....

:LOL:

I may go for a black Thomson next to match the post.

It's got a squidgy arse all of a sudden!!
:LOL:
IMG_3318.jpg

The Kula frame is going to undergo a paintjob, possibly a tricolour rasta a la GT peace style, so I gave myself a courtesy frame to tide me over, it's such a close match all I need is one gear cable inner, and that's only because it's a jagwire sealed one that frayed upon removal!

Not sure it's going to climb quite like the Kula though!!

A couple of pics of the rasta paintjob,
It's being done by a friend who is going into business painting frames for another friend's business custom building bikes and frames.

I really like the way he's using lines to fade the colours across rather than a feather spray.Note the colours in the fade cross over in the lines.

Can't wait to get a couple of subtle black Kona decals on it, I was thinking maybe the small splat K behind the seat collar and on the head tube, possibly the kona downtube graphic and I think it'd suit some of the earlier "tropical" kona decals, just ideas at the mo!
When all the black bike bits go back on I think it'll come alive!

Anyway these pics are with only a light coat of clear on, sneak preview pics!

jsheaf1.jpg

jsheaf7.jpg

jsheaf8.jpg

Paintwork undertaken by Cromaworks, Sheffield >>>
http://cromaworks.com/filter/Cromaworks

:cool:

Back