Thought i'd got a bargain on ebay!

What do you think really happened

• The frame really is cracked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The frame is fine, he's pulling a fast one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thats true, when you put something for sale on ebay its a binding contract between ebay and the seller and the seller and buyer.

I'd forget about it for now, perhaps a bit of neutral/bad feedback.

I would add him as a favourite seller and keep an eye on him in case he tries to list it again in the near future though.

If it makes you feel better it wasn't that much of a bargain. I picked up the same bike, albeit stock but as new for £200.

virtually same thing happened to me. I emailed a seller to ask few things about the bike and never got a reply. I put a bid in anyways and won.
Checked messages after winning and as well as the info i asked for he stated that it may be sold on another site dependant on what it reaches on ebay lol

Well i won it 2 days ago now and still not heard a thing back from him. Apart from bad feedback there aint much you can do.

Won another frame and forks yesterday for a good price and that buyer hasnt got back to me either.

When i sell summat i email the winner straight away to find out whats happening etc and to say well done. If they dont want there stuff to go for low prices then they should put on a reserve.

I have had some deals (or not) buy asking for buy it nows on ebay. But for someone not to sell it to you because it didnt get what they want - to pull out after the auction, thats not right.

its not bike related but its about my ebay experience i just had.on dec 31 i got me an xbox game of a seller.january came and went but no game arrived.so i sent a polite message requesting when can i expect the game.he replies..sorry i completely forgot..ill send it in the morning.another 16 days goes by and i send another email...where is it(starting to get a bit grumpy)?dunno was his response...he then says if its not here by wed let him know and hed refund me....well that came and went and by thursday he was just ignoring my emails...so i started a dispute on the friday....next thing that happens is he sends me a threatening email saying he was going to do all sorts of unpleasent things.i reminded him that id waited an awful long time but this just fell on deaf ears....not taking this laying down(not the type) i tell ebay all about the charmer who then stupidly carried on saying it was game on and how he was going to ruin me ......i got an email back from ebay saying the matter had been dealt with and he was no longer a problem.....thing is ...these twxts have your name and home address so i dont see how ebay could have sorted it....

its things like this that really put me off ebay..
ps this was all over 14 quid.i even sent him one email in the middle of january saying that if he wasa unhappy about how much it went for i would take the refund and move on....

Back