BRC Gonzo steel frameset… anyone got info?

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
I have this old frame. Can't find much info on it. "BRC" decals on the frame have been blacked out with marker/paint, but still on the original fork. "Gonzo" decal still visible on the top tube. Forgot to snap a pic of the tubing decal, believe it has "Infinity" logo on it.

BB is stuck in the frame as the plastic cup is mashed, the other side is proving difficult to budge. Just wondering if it's worth my while to continue to attempt to remove the BB, or donate it to someone with more patience to salvage, or to just dump it into the skip. :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,510
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,511
yeah, stumbled on a few vague posts here and there, that being one of them. :? probably a local house brand in Canada's west coast.

With that Tange logo on the seat tube, I would say its too good and interesting for the skip

G

Yeah, certainly information in dribs and drabs, but nothing particularly extensive. Got to love the full sus bmx they made!

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/brc/3254

Seems you can get some genuine brake cables too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-BRC-B ... 0417489067

Yeah, definitley looks like a Vancouver company, but all articles seem to be people asking for information. Shame the only point of contact that was made (as far as I could find) was of a dealer rather than a manufacturer.

Looks pretty nice though, I reckon it could make a nice project assuming you think it might be too. It would be a shame to just skip it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
was originally going to build it up for a nephew, but the BB issue just turned me off of that after i came to have a few other candidates to choose from. maybe i can donate it to someone/someplace. :?

We called those poor man's Brodies BITD. Early adopters of the sloping top tube. This is all from memory. I couldn't tell you where they came from. My friend had one BITD all tricked out and light.

Just my group of friends who were into mtn bikes in the late 80's and early 90's in Victoria BC. Saw alot of these bikes around here back then but I don't know who sold them or where they came from. One of our group had a really nice one that he built into a brodie lookalike. He was too poor to buy a Brodie or a Rocky but he knew how to build bikes and that's what he did. I remember he removed all of the decals and the bike was purple with splatter paint so it really looked Brodieish. I still see alot of them used today as blue collar classic commuter bikes.

BRC stood for:
BOYES & ROSSER CYCLES LTD.
1012 Auckland Street
P.O. Box 846
New Westminster
British Columbia

company is long gone. but still see lots of them come up on craigslist. i have one. no pictures of it. will see about taking one. it`s not a very pretty bike. :)
roy

Back