STOLEN!!

I'll keep an eye out for ya

If any scrotes come into the shop with it I'll get some info

Email me a pic and I'll pass it onto other riders in the area

Andy B":1w0nsngh said:
I'll keep an eye out for ya

If any scrotes come into the shop with it I'll get some info

Email me a pic and I'll pass it onto other riders in the area

Can't find your email address bud, if you drop me a txt with it i'll send some over.

Almost goes without saying, but check classified ad sites (Gumtree in particular)... You'd be suprised how many theives are stupid enough to list the bikes on there.

To give an example - just last night I phoned a guy in Cardiff regarding a suspiciously cheap set of early Marzocchi Bombers (with a 20mm axle so quite rare). By 'suspiciously cheap', I mean £30 complete with stem and headset.. :shock:

I asked him a couple of questions about them and he didn't have the first clue what I was talking about... Obviously half-inched from some poor soul :( :roll:

99% of the time, the bike will have been nicked in order to fund a habit, or simply to sell on to make a quick bit of cash. Check your local Cash Converters as some bikes end up in there too - they're not too fussy about seeing the paperwork and receipts when someone brings a bike in..

Thanks for that Barney I will do, have given a pic to another forum member who works in a local bike shop and am gonna drop into the local cash converters on the way home from work too. Police have been really helpful, even offered to put a ground anchor in my shed for me. The insurance company on the other hand i'm not to sure, have sent them plenty of pics and pics of the serial number and full spec list. Its just hard to put a value on the bike as there isn't that many around these days. :cry: :cry:

I've always though of things this way....

If your bike is worth more than the limit value that the insurance company would pay out as a whole bike say it is a collection of parts that you built up - just list the parts separately and show they were bought that way.

Effectively it is the collection that has been stolen, I move parts around on my bikes fairly frequently and as most bits have individual value that is how I think of them.

Not much different to having a matching set of china really. I think this would only work with the bike being stolen from the house though.

Back