any Mavic ?

latman

Senior Retro Guru
Anybody got any mavic components for sale ? I have bought an old alloy Vitus frame and contemplating the French way ? I assume first gen is most appropriate ( ie pre 8 speed starfish cranks)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJC!E8fiuLMlbBPMI(JdC0w~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJC!E8fiuLMlbBPMI(JdC0w~~60_3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 609
this stuff ? I must admit I'm not holding my breath :eek:
anyone know what axle length is ideal for these cranks ? i thought the silver mechs came in this era group

Attachments

• Page 40.jpg
    Page 40.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 778
Mavic had more than one range. The silver ones aren't SSC.

BB length you want for a non-Mavic BB is same as Nuovo Record - i.e. 111 with slight offset and ISO taper.

I've got my Mavic arms hanging off an adjustable chainline 111 Athena BB at the moment on the Brouwer - but the standard chainline is not quite right and moving it over will bring the LH arm too close to the frame.

Are you looking for NOS stuff, or just used/usable?

Might be able to help if used is OK. I'll get some pics taken...

All the best,

Just reasonable/usable condition is fine for me, cheers Ian

ps( I already own some 500 hubs )

If you decide going all mavic is going to be too much of a pain I would happily buy your 500 front hub off you!

sheathy":67fu56d6 said:
If you decide going all mavic is going to be too much of a pain I would happily buy your 500 front hub off you!

what number of spokes are you looking for ? ( I have a spare 36H also)

Hi Latman :) " How serious are you buddy about wanting all Mavic ?" If you genuinely want an almost complete mavic groupset for around the £340 (£450 with built wheels) mark to your door let me know :) Reply here or PM me buddy. Yours Laz.

spec

Triple Starfish 32-42-52
610 Starfish BB
Stem (grooved quill late 70's) & handlebars (Mavic ?)
Brakeset 440 ssc calipers & levers
Rear mech 840
Gear levers 821
Headset 305
Front Mech 870 ssc

Extra to Groupset
matching pair of 28hole RD500 hubs
matching pair of 28hole CXP12 clincher rims

PS: "Welcome to the very expensive world of Mavic SSC kit" ;)

Back