Thought i'd got a bargain on ebay!

What do you think really happened

• The frame really is cracked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The frame is fine, he's pulling a fast one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ere-tis":156mik94 said:
cyfa2809":156mik94 said:
Bugger.

Really bad feedback, move on.

This.

The guy's obviously a complete sh!tehouse.

Ruin his 100% feedback for your troubles ;)

Quite.

Possibly name him on here aswell so we can all avoid any future auctions he has.

Have you considered court action?

No not considering court action. He even had the cheek to try to cancel the transaction to recoup his selling fees. No way! So he's not got rid of his bike and will still have to pay the listing fees plus the final value fee.

I thought about paying via paypal, then telling him the bike is legally mine and not to touch it.

I just wish people would be honest in the first place!

Same / Similar happened to me. Ebay make the rules. If they state a "way out" according to the rules, then what can you do as a buyer? Absolutely nothing since there is absolutely no proof required from Ebay; just a click on a freaking radio button.

Had this with an expensive specialized saddle. An 80 quid phenom in packaging, won for 20. Paid, then had an email today telling me they'd gone to post it, and noticed it had become damaged, and was unusable. Refunded, no further contact.

Ah well :LOL:

Too much of this crap going on with eBay these days. Folk are too cheap to put a reserve on. Neg him. Asshat.

i saw that line on the top tube but did not think it was crack - be unusual for it to be there plus seller would have seen that surely????

give the guy a break - you have not lost any money - sure it is not in the spririt of ebay but if it was you selling anf yo9u got pittance for it,how would you feel? obviously seller did not expect the low price .

02gf74":j74y8j8d said:
i saw that line on the top tube but did not think it was crack - be unusual for it to be there plus seller would have seen that surely????

give the guy a break - you have not lost any money - sure it is not in the spririt of ebay but if it was you selling anf yo9u got pittance for it,how would you feel? obviously seller did not expect the low price .

i buy a lot of alloys off ebay and i have a lot more respect for people that say "sorry to be an ass but i really cant sell these that cheap" rather than the recent idiot who first told me 2 tyres were bald (listed as 6mm with pictures!) then when i told him i dont need the tyres suddenly found a crack in the wheel. i dont approve of welding wheels but went along with it and told him it wasnt an issue i can sort it and he got quite rude.

02gf74":1go5wmkh said:

I see your point but there really can be no mistake with eBay these days. Reserves are there to be used, even if they cost a little more this can be incorporated into your reserve price if needs be. I have made the mistake in the past and lost money but wouldn't deny somebody a deal because of my own stupidity.

Yeah that is what a reserve is for, or start the auction at the minimum you will take. If I list something, it goes for whatever it goes for. I don't whinge after or come up with some crappy excuse. This is the 3rd time for Me now.

I,m building a bike now, I've got half a bikes worth of bits in the garage, if I buy a complete bike I'd have to find something to hang them off!

Latest posts

Back