Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 25/02/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheKen and velomaniac can't make it DP, work and love life getting in the way.

And no, they're not male prostitutes.

Yep - me and Alison will be there. Got to abandon kids with grandparents early morning then scoot up motorway from Preston. If for some reason we haven't made it in time then just set off - we know the route and with +30 group inertia it shouldn't be too hard to catch up :)

I fixed up Alison's Parkpre last night. Hopefully have some new stickers from the fabulous Gil before weekend. Played safe and gone with her 1996 Hope hubs - we still have the 1995 Pulstars in the attic but don't trust the freehub enough for a day in the lakes .......

mick_r":3p1lkrcw said:
Yep - me and Alison will be there. Got to abandon kids with grandparents early morning then scoot up motorway from Preston. If for some reason we haven't made it in time then just set off - we know the route and with +30 group inertia it shouldn't be too hard to catch up :)

I fixed up Alison's Parkpre last night. Hopefully have some new stickers from the fabulous Gil before weekend. Played safe and gone with her 1996 Hope hubs - we still have the 1995 Pulstars in the attic but don't trust the freehub enough for a day in the lakes .......

good to have a couple of locals on board and a Parkpre too, still got to get around to finding spokes for my Pulstar hubs for my 825.

Going to do my best to make it for this ride, but I am awaiting a phone call from the hospital about surgery for my hernia

Anyway, time to go prep a bike as with all things NHS it'll probably take months before anything gets sorted out

mick_r":3krvloo4 said:

I think you'll find MY inertia is enough to slow the whole group down all on its own. ;-)

I'll be leaving the winnabago at home and travelling up for the day, as I'm getting a lift with Marc Two Tone and SLM Racing. I can't wait and will be riding one out of the three available bikes I've prepped up: one for mud, one for dry [?!], one for ice and snow. That one probably a bit pointless, if there's ice and snow we probably won't be able to get there... Also I have waterproof socks to test, as I said I can't wait.

Oooooww onto my fav topic , tyre selection !!

Never even visited the lakes before nevermind ridden, ideal tyres needed? Mud? All rounders? Tyre warmers?

Weather might be ok!

ba91ecf9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back