Thought i'd got a bargain on ebay!

What do you think really happened

• The frame really is cracked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The frame is fine, he's pulling a fast one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mallott

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So while trawling the bay for random stuff (as you do when you are not here!) i cam across this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180817425969? ... 500wt_1287
It was ending soon so i thought, it's got a good spec i'll have a punt on that!
Lo and behold i end up winning the auction yippee!

So i contact the chap to see about picking it up and he seems ok, it looks like i'll be going up next weekend to pick. So i rip apart my bike and stick it up here and ebay.

The next day i get a message along the lines of ' just got the bike out to give it a final once over and i've found a crack in the headtube. i'm not willing to sell it. sorry for wasting your time'

So i call him and tell him i can weld it no probs, send me a picture just to make sure and we'll go from there.

Next day, no picture, another message ' I've decided to keep the bike and have it mended myself, don't want to sell something that isn't right'

So i send one back saying ' time to come clean mate, we both know there's nothing wrong with the bike. i suspect the bike has not gone for as much as you want for it especially with final value fees knocked off, or someone has offered you more.
I want the bike, i'm happy to pay that price even if the frame is cracked. let's make a deal.

i get another one back again saying he's keeping the bike and having it repaired.

Am i barking up the wrong tree? it just seems wrong to me, i would have thought he would be happy to still get the same price for a bike he has just found to be cracked!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kaiser":rlenxria said:
I'd check what your position is with ebay?

.... if seller does not want to sell, ebay can do diddly squat, it is not like they will send heavies round to get the bike.

you can see the crack in the pictures - he's probably thinking 'ohh balls' and prob sold the other bits to a mate.

legrandefromage":2waowf1k said:
you can see the crack in the pictures - he's probably thinking 'ohh balls' and prob sold the other bits to a mate.

Well spotted LGF!

Does look like there's a Top Tube crack there.. If you look at this..

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKjcE6ZmVz0DwBPNiNh6EN!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKjcE6ZmVz0DwBPNiNh6EN!~~60_12.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 837
Back