Mongoose IBOC pro sx - first post - first build

chrzanek

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

Long time I was a reader, now on I would like to show my project.
A few months ago I bought lovely IBOC frame. I got essentially nothing except the frame.

At first I started to outline color fit of new bike. Frame is red, with carbon gray, silver and one orange place. It is difficult color set in my opinion....
I decided to go in red, silver and a bit of gold.... Dark gray or black is unavoidable on chainrings, fork boots and wheels.

Build ideas:
fork: red/silver Z2 BAM
headset: silver Chris King No Thread Set

seatpost: silver one
saddle: black Vetta SP or red Flite
bb: Ritchey SuperLogic 107mm
crank: Race Face Turbine brushed aluminum
chainrings: black Race Face
brakes: silver Magura HS 33 Evo II '05
fd: FD-M953
rd: RD-M951
shifters: gray XTR
wheels: I'm dreaming about Spinergy Spox :)

I have problem with cockpit. I would like to set in on gold Roox DBS handle bar with some red stem, or some silver handle bar with black Syntace F139 stem.

Previous post was my first, where I could not place links....

Some pictures:
1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

zajawka.jpg

and whole gallery: https://plus.google.com/photos/11231730 ... 0148066273

Very nice :)

I think yours must be a year earlier than mine which is a '95 with no rear canti hanger.
I like the colour scheme :)

Heres a pick of mine for inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_6454.JPG
    IMG_6454.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 3,415
  • IMG_6459.JPG
    IMG_6459.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 3,415
like them , love the pseudo yeti backend on them

welcome to "the shit got expensive .com"

IBOC

I have a IBOC from the mid to late 90's. I was working for a Mongoose dealer at the time and our rep comped me an IBOC carbon frame with the twin down tubes. I can't remember the year but I raced that bike for many years and my son son still rides it today. It has a lime green Marzocci shock and full XT that still works like the day I got it. I'll post some photos when I have five posts.

Those are both nice wee bikes!

I picked an IBOC comp (aluminium) '95? (has a removeable hanger which attaches in the seat-tube groove) from here a while back for a cheap commuter machine ...

Should be done in a week or so :)

Will let you all see it when it is.

Thanks for your replays.

Gruff thanks for inspiration. I saw your bike earlier, it is very, very, very nice. I like it a lot. I think it is a one of most beautiful IBOCs in the Internet.

I went another way, have red shock, silver headset and red grips. From this reason I can not put silver stem and red handlebar. I think about red stem and silver (with red decals) handlebar or this gold Roox.

Now I'm thinking about wheels. Should I make it (silver hubs, spokes and rim, red nipple) or buy some older Spinergy/Crossride/Crossmax...

chrzanek":pgkg8i3a said:
Thanks for your replays.

Gruff thanks for inspiration. I saw your bike earlier, it is very, very, very nice. I like it a lot. I think it is a one of most beautiful IBOCs in the Internet.

I went another way, have red shock, silver headset and red grips. From this reason I can not put silver stem and red handlebar. I think about red stem and silver (with red decals) handlebar or this gold Roox.

Now I'm thinking about wheels. Should I make it (silver hubs, spokes and rim, red nipple) or buy some older Spinergy/Crossride/Crossmax...

Thankyou :D

I actually had the forks before i got the IBOC and they will get a matching green respray one day.
It ride really nice & quite rigid but not unpleasant.

I will watch your build with interest :)

Back