Brodie climbMax ( Book cover bike )

hi
wouldn't be the first time someone changed their mind on componets in mid build. :D i am considering going all suntour. the 1990 catalogue lists climbmax and catalyst as having suntour components. haven't decided yet. i also happen to have a 1991 donor bike with suntour on it i could strip. as for colour, i'm getting a price on doing the green/white scheme. really like that. and since i found out mine is a 1990 and that scheme shows up in the 1990 catalogue it does seem fitting. i also like the similar red/white combo which showed up on retrobike in a picture shot in berlin this past week on a sovereign. but most likely the green/white.
paul brodie has cancelled his frame building open house for tomorrow because of bad weather. will reschedule in february. i was really looking forward to going but it's probably for the best. was going to take this frame out for him to look at. also said bring a hardtail frame and he would check the alignment. would have been nice to have that done before i painted it.
any way what do you think? shimano XT or DX or suntour?
roy

hi all
we are stripped and ready for paint. going to toxik harald this saturday. :D
going with the green/white 1990 catalogue paint scheme. liked it from the first time i saw it.
with maybe a twist added. we'll see how the wallet holds out.
roy

Attachments

• brodie paint 002.JPG
    brodie paint 002.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,194
Roy this is going to look fabulous i think, i can see it now.., did you make a decision on the rear end...? black or green...?

As for spec, im in agreement with you, it would be a shame to change the current spec imho, it all looks in great shape and is what the bike came with pretty much. It will look like new with a polish.

I have pulled up a chair because this for me is the right year of Brodie to have. :cool:

hi
rear is going to be the green. i will clean up the parts that were originally on the bike and see what they look like on. but no promises there. the rims look a bit tired. may look even worse on a freshly painted frame.
i might just go the suntour route and see how it looks while i replace worn and tired dx parts. when i have them all then swap over.
roy

Attachments

• Harald 001.JPG
    Harald 001.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,090
Retro_Roy":33x0gpji said:
hi
rear is going to be the green. i will clean up the parts that were originally on the bike and see what they look like on. but no promises there. the rims look a bit tired. may look even worse on a freshly painted frame.
i might just go the suntour route and see how it looks while i replace worn and tired dx parts. when i have them all then swap over.
roy

Good plan, and your chosen firm for paintwork looks top notch too.. :cool:

I eagerly await the outcome... :cool:

hi
picked up this water bottle cage. and a couple handlebar options too. the answer taperlite has been cut down to a width too narrow for my liking. :x the other is an easton taperlite. never heard of this one before. does it work for anyone?
roy

Attachments

• misc 011.JPG
    misc 011.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 955
  • misc 012.JPG
    misc 012.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 955
Back