Surly Moonlander

B17 brooks saddle, copper rivets etc.....super comfy as second hand and broken in...ahhhh

40c762f7.jpg

c1685f6e.jpg

Saltyman, how do I phrase this delicately :D from the first few pictures of you riding your clearly a larger fellow to a point dare I ask is the 20 big enough and how did you come to the decision the 20 was best fit for you?

I would worry the extra height of the tyres would throw conventional sizing out of the window.

You do sit higher up, same as a 29er, despite the 26" rims the tires are that high you are soon at the same level as hybrids and 29ers....

My first fatbike was a 19" size L mukluk, was perfect, so wanted a 18" pugsley to be around same size but was advised to go for the 20" as surlys are strange to size.

Mines a 20" but that's to the top of the little triangle on the top tube, BB to centre of top tube is 18"....I had to get in touch with shop when my pugsley came, as I thought they'd send me a 18" but box and shop said, 20"

It's perfect

Just re-read this for the um-teenth time. Something compulsive looking about your bike. It looks like a real fun bike to ride.

Been enjoying your updates and all your ride-pics. Always good to see someone obviously enjoying biking and their bike.

thanks ;)

i rested it for a week, using my hybrid bike for a few days to justify having it still.

took the moonlander out to newcastle quayside market on sunday, taking in a tarmac route of 17 miles :D

must say my pugsley creates attention but nothing like what i had on sunday, i was stopped straight away for photos, people groping the tires, talking fat bikes with yound and old, really bizzare!

its an attention whore this bike :oops: :LOL:

Some interesting measurements from recent tire changes....

100mm with 4.7" BFL tire actually measures 4.3"
100mm with 4.0" Nate tire actually measures 4.5"

Strange how a 4" wide tire stretches so much on a 4" rim....

9dd17120.jpg

My bb died :cry:

It's only done 115 miles and never been any trouble but during routine checks I found the bb to be very tight.....stripped it down to confirm seized bearings.

Doh,

Latest posts

Back