2012 Genesis Croix de Fer

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Not really sure that something so new should be over here, but this is the darkside (for me, anyway :oops:), and its new and I'm all excited..i also thought it might get a bit more love over here

After what can only be described as a saga, this arrived at Barreg cycles in Chichester around 3 weeks ago, and I've been fighting illness and office bureaucracy/politics since then trying to get my grubby little paws on it.

Fast forward to yesterday, it's been in said paws for 5 days and i've put 85 miles on it already :cool:

CroixdeFer1.jpg

Frame: 52cm Genesis Croix de Fer - Reynolds 725

Fork: Genesis Cr-Mo

Headset: Genesis 1-1/8
Stem: Genesis Alloy
Handlebar: Genesis 6061 Alloy Drop
Grips: Shockproof Brown Tape

Brakes: Avid BB7
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables:
Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra STi

Shifters: Shimano Tiagra STi
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 10spd
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra 10spd
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra 10spd 12-28
Chain: Shimano Tiagra 10spd
Cranks: Shimano Tiagra 170mm
Chainrings: Shimano Tiagra Compact
Bottom Bracket: HollowTech
Pedals: Shimano m520

Hub Skewers: ?
Rims: Alex DX-Lite
Hubs: Shimano M475
Nipples: ?
Spokes: Stainless Black
Tyres: Continental Cyclocross Race
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Genesis Road CrMo Rail
Seatpost: Genesis 6061 27.2mm

Weight: I think it's around 25lbs

I will try to get some better pics, if anyone is interested, when I can find a camera that isn't on my phone

Massive thanks to everyone who helped, especially Thorpie, Wu, Klein-Mad-Chris, GreenRabbit and bat40a6

I did see that, thank you orbeas.

If you read a bit deeper into the article, you will notice that the discs he was using are rather flimsy to say the least. Coupled with the fact he was dragging them on a very steep decent for quite a while...

the BB7 discs on this a pretty heavyweight and i have absolutley no fear for my safety over them...my ability, maybe, but not the discs :)

good article though

updated my thread in '98 bikes, but i thought i should do it here too for some advice..

More than a little disappointed at the moment

The headset has started to seize. First noticed it in the middle of last week before a couple of long rides home from work. the handle bars started to have what can only be described as a default position, almost like a notch dead ahead. went out for a good thrash yesterday and I can actually hear the bearings grinding in the headset and the steering is very weird. trying to move it out of forward to turn left or right is a little battle!

Organising to book it in for it's service anyway next weekend, so will have to talk to them about that.

not good for a bike only a month or so old :(

Back