93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

Lush (not a word I use often), that's a fantastic weight for a rear wheel, top work! :cool: It's not too bad for a front even! :LOL:

What are you doing for cassette?
For QR, consider Control Tech allen skewers, really light.

After reading this, I've decided to go WW on my upcoming project as well.

Both of my Mavic 230 TIB rims came in at 358g

DSCN5578.jpg

My Mavic X517s with REVS, DT alloy nips and Hope Ti hubs. Front weighs exactly 700g. Guess your 230s with White industry hub may weigh slightly less! Can't weight (excuse the pun) to see the result.

Attachments

• Front wheel weight.jpg
    Front wheel weight.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,073
klasse":2yvdm7jj said:
What are you doing for cassette?

Tough one. I didn't want to use any Shimano, but it'll probably be a 737 at about 250g. Just can't afford goldtec or SRP/Tioga (yet...)

klasse":2yvdm7jj said:
For QR, consider Control Tech allen skewers, really light.

X lite, cos I had them lying around, and it's only around 10g difference

Shaun, the front hub should save around 150g compared to the rear, and the rim should be here very soon :D

My_Teenage_Self":3hj1n2wn said:
Shaun, the front hub should save around 150g compared to the rear, and the rim should be here very soon :D

I'm also waiting for one of those rims with a blue Hope small hub & blue nips

My_Teenage_Self":yi33z0m2 said:
Shaun, the front hub should save around 150g compared to the rear, and the rim should be here very soon.

Wow! You are looking at about only 656g for the front wheel then, THATS AWESOME. :shock: This is going to be a good thread...I'm in to the final build. :D

Er, So I can't count! :oops:

SAM_0134.jpg

So the front wheel should be around 135 grams less... but it depends on the rim weight too - it's another 230TIB, sat in the depot, waiting to be picked up tomorrow! :D :D :D Should still be a sub 680g wheel. It could have gone lighter if I could have found a non-suspension WI hub.

I'm a little shocked how much I've ended up spending on the wheels - by FAR the most expensive part of the whole build.

And an early 737 cassette courtesy of konaben82 (cheers Buddy!)

SAM_0136.jpg

Seems a shame to put this on as it was almost a shimano free build, but I can't justify spending on a proper retro, lightweight, non-Big S cassette (if I could even find one!)

:roll:

Wheel weights

I had a nice set of Whites on Mavic 180's and they were pretty light at around 1460g, but I have a nice set of Sun O-lite "race only" on Dt 240 r hubs and they are 1309g the pair, which is lighter than Gen 1 Crossmax Sl's.

Back