gt zaskar.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
here is my newly acquired gt zaskar.
don't know what year its from, but it's reasonably specced.
full deore lx brakes & gears,
ritchey seat post, stem, bars, headset.
lx hubs on d521 rims.
not sure about the forks, but i'm sure i'll be replacing them with a pair of pace forks soon,
the frame is a little tatty, there is a small dent on the top tube, but the bike is sound. i will be stripping this and polishing the frame.
so can anyone give me a rough idea of the age of the bike.
anyone have any idea what forks they are ?

Attachments

• IMG_4757.JPG
    IMG_4757.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 610
I think that from the decals it's a 1998 or 1999 frame. Have a look for the serial number on the non drive side drop out for a date.

The fork boots have the look of RST forks perhaps.

i've just been checking for a serial number and at some point it has been
removed. it doesnt look recent though, but i'd hate to think this was stolen in the past.

Congrats on the purchase...so you're the one who beat me on eBay :evil: I was being greedy though since I've already got a Zaskar I bought way back in 1996 but when I saw it and it was just down the road thought it could make a handy 2nd matching bike for the misses.

Autosol, get a tube from Halfords, is pretty much all you need to polish a Zaskar frame back to its former glory. Here was my effort on a frame that's not been polished for over a decade:

More photos here

I'll be sure to keep an eye on your progress.

made up with the bike for the price. i've just taken the bike apart.
and i spent around an hour using autosol, i had a tube in the shed.
tbh the frame is quite beaten up. but it'll make a nice run around.
it'll never be a garage queen. but there was some quite nice parts on it.
but i'm not keen on the forks. holding out for some nice pace forks.
as i mentioned earlier, the frame number has been ground away, it looks like it was done some years ago.
i'm trying to sell my litespeed full susser at the mo. i have another retro project i am hoping to buy, just need some funds.
but if i do get the bike it'll be on par with the rc100 i recently restored.
i think this retro bug has well and truly bitten me.

Latest posts

Back