Zychedelic Zaskar Zacrilege

JSO

Retro Guru
You ever one of those afternoons when you have an important bike project and in the midst of the build (low and behold) another project comes up?

That’s what happened yesterday.

I had resigned myself to completing my Yeti ARC disc upgrade and was a couple hours into it when next thing I know my attention disorder kicks in and I pulled out a project that has been sitting idle for almost two years.

I think I even started a thread on it a while ago.

Anyways…a couple years ago I obtained a locally owned 92 Zaskar LE which had been poorly upgraded over the years. The bones however were great. I started the stripping and decaling process and elected to go with a complete M900 build. The fork choice completely stumped me as I didn’t want to go with a RockShox Fork. So…it sat while other projects came up (Namely Fat Chances)

Fast forward to yesterday. I had this crazy Cane Creek Cronos wheelset on my Sons first 26er. (I have since moved him onto a more subtle bike befitting a ten year old.) I noticed the Zaskar decals (Thanks Gil) matched the cane creek wheels and were a nice shade of SID blue. So I installed the wheels and the glow in the dark tires.

After sitting there for a few minutes I went back into the shed & pulled the Sid off the nail (This is the same Sid that I tried to peddle off here last summer.) Next I removed the XTR headset and installed a Sid Blue Race Face headset and grabbed my coveted USPS saddle. Next came the Sid Blue Race Face Turbines and Blue SRP Dust Cover. Finally I pulled out a couple Ringle Water Bottles. (How on earth did I amass this collection of SID blue?)

Then……. sitting there looking at this monstrosity…. I remembered my local bike shop had a unique selection of Ourys. A quick call to them to confirm that they had my color in stock and off I went.

Behold….

Before
zaskar1.jpg

After..... Pardon the incomplete( and non period correct) build.
This is just for fun.

zas2.png

zas1.png

[/img]

AAAAAARRRGHHH

that looks okay actually ,bin the water bottles and get some black cables on it

cane creek chronos wheel fan too

they work well with short rigids on them

I rather like that :cool: and it's given me an idea for the flouro pink stuff I seem to be collecting, are them tyres available in pink?

yowza! :shock: that is bright! fwiw it looks like that frame is a 95 or so, its near identical to mine, cantilever brakes, replaceable rear tip and the way the caboe routing is configured. the serial number will tell the story of its age..

Bob":16ffybuf said:
I rather like that :cool: and it's given me an idea for the flouro pink stuff I seem to be collecting, are them tyres available in pink?

I've never seen them in pink and did search for these tyres then changed my mind but have found some pinkys for you cheap and crappy but pink!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANKRUPT-PAIR ... 27bcb77042

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back