1996 GT LTS 3....**Now with Pics**

MattyZaskar

Retro Guru
Any body got any info on these ? Ive just bought one with the elastomer rear shock, Rock Shox Judy's and STX through out.

The frame seems in good condition black with polished rear end, nothing a good clean wouldnt sort out, but the Judy's seem to be well not working very good(no rebound and they seem sloppy lol, can i service these or is it a replacement front forks im going to need ??

How does the rear elastomer hold up over the years ?? Any major faults with it ??

Apart from that its not a bad bike......

Cheers

is it a 3 ? id have said a 5
i have an lts 3 and its an rs deluxe

i have an lts 5 its an elastomer shocked thing (well not got it yet ,need to pick it up)

mikee it says its a LTS 3 on the top tube, i understand its easy to put stickers on things.....

According to bikepedia a GT LTS 3 comes in black or blue, mines black with polished rear end, and my componets are the same as what bikepedia says.....

Ill get a pic up soon

I've just started to clean it up and so far the rear end has come up well, I've cleaned the STX rear mech up, and its come up like new so I may look to sell it in the near future to fund other parts I want...

Pics to follow later...

Here are some pics....

After i got it home
IMG_0465.jpg

Before..
IMG_0467.jpg

After a bit of polish..
IMG_0466.jpg

Clean STX Mech..
IMG_0469.jpg

Is it easy to turn the rear brakes from Canti's to V's ??

+1 for what bob says!

i am wondering though if it would be possible to change the rear shock to the rockshox one on the other models?

Back