1999 Orange Gringo

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
I picked this up locally and will be yet another retro bike in the garage , Not for me though ! ! This one will be for my oldest son, he is 9 and has been wanting a retro bike like one of Daddys for years :LOL:

I have given it a quick once over this afternoon , it does need new chainrings and general overhall to be 100% my standard. I have removed the riser bars at his request and changed to flats :cool:, I have also replaced the stem with a shorter one which fits him well now. Its great that he is finally on a 26er as my cast offs can be used, Oh and I had a CK top cap spare that has now found a home :LOL:

I do have some spare XT 739 cranks....... should I ? :? :?

009-13.jpg

011-13.jpg

010-14.jpg

007-15.jpg

005-15.jpg

Awesome. Cant wait to justify a purchase as for my son. Hes a bit young though at present!

Think charlieboy has one of these, tidy frames.

Thanks for the comments chaps :cool:, it's not in bad nic, the pics make it look better which is strange. Needs a good polish and clean to be up to the usual standard ;)

I've been on the lookout for a 10th anniversary clockwork for myself by they seem to be pretty rare in std rigid form, I like the brakes on rear of fork legs in a pace sort of way

Anthony":6fuyz8or said:
I somehow doubt whether he's so retro-minded that he would prefer M739 cranks to a nice Bomber!

No but I am :LOL: New chainrings for the current chainset or M739' that owe's me nowt, it has 170 arms so not for me and probably not worth selling either.

Deed done :)

Spent a couple of hours in the sunshie today and fitted a new chain, DX rear mech & 170 Chainset, some new-ish deore V brake canti's from my spares box that grows after the bristol jumble ;) . Its a great little bike that my son loves.

005-16.jpg

006-16.jpg

Wow! It was 17" one of these, just like this in same colour and with same rigid forks that got me back into cycling back in 1999...I paid £450 in rigid fork spec and still have the original receipt!

Like my old one, yours is a 1999 model and got me on some damn memorable MTB rides!

Back