Reckless drivers!

I had a guy pull out from a junction in front of me a couple of weeks back. No indicators, then no effort to get up to speed, clearly hadn't seen me at all, despite the C40 being bright yellow in places. Just rode along side him, he had his window down, so i said in a cheery voice "Hello". He was just about on the passengers lap :LOL: When he eventually overtoke, it was on the other side of the road.

Being a bit of a roadie this is really one of my pet hates :twisted:

Some drivers are careless, some just don't care as Slim and Steve K nicely sum it up.

stevek":3ha3z5vb said:
Agreed Slim, they don't seem to be able to understand the consequences of their actions.

I used to commute through two fairly small yet busy towns. It would never cease to amaze me that someone would risk someone elses life (ie mine) to get to their destination 30 seconds earlier. I use to have no end of near misses and often altercations, most of which involved me swearing like a sailor. Not big or clever but through the haze of red mist somehow justifiable I think.

Anyhow my number was finally up one evening when riding home. Displaying 25W cygolites riding along a straight road. See the car stopped in the junction. Clealry doesn't see me and pulls out. Hit his wing at speed , not a lot I could do. The bike ended up like this

deadeddy.jpg

I had a trip to the local hospital strapped to the neck board for my troubles.

The fellow got breathalised afterwards and was over the limit. He got off. That's another story though :evil:

Back