SW retro ride for Sunday 25th March - Minehead!!!

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The main SW retro ride for March is Jonnyboy666s Isle of Wight ride on Sunday 11th March. See linky below >>>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182698

...but is anyone up for another one a couple of weeks after on the 25th? (Weekend after Mothers Day!) I know a couple of riders on the last Haldon Ride would be struggling to make it to the IOW ride.

Any thoughts / ideas please... :)

Quantocks would be good - haven't been for years, Or Exmoor, or good old Woodbury.
Won't be making IoW!

Yo.

25th March would be good for me mate.
Won't be able to make the 11th IOW ride as I'll have just got back from a week in the Isle of Skye. Gutted really as the place looks great!

Also as I missed the last one at Haldon, the Orange is getting bored & upset, alone in the garage, sat there watching the other bikes get used.

Oh, and off topic, Tim... want to buy a GT road bike back off me??

jimbo-xc":1kbopjnk said:
Quantocks would be good - haven't been for years, Or Exmoor, or good old Woodbury.
Won't be making IoW!

Quantocks - excellent, is that around Cheddar?

Would surely be a bigger turn out further "oop north" (ish)

Cheddar is Mendip Hills, nearer to Bristol.

Quantock hills is Bridgwater/Taaunton area. Thats my local stomping ground. Not sure what dates I can do, but I hope to be out soon on Sundays.

minor_LEGEND":2mx3nz2i said:
Cheddar is Mendip Hills, nearer to Bristol.

Quantock hills is Bridgwater/Taaunton area. Thats my local stomping ground. Not sure what dates I can do, but I hope to be out soon on Sundays.

Quantocks are ace but I don't know the routes :oops: do you know any, we did a retro meet ages ago around by minehead was a superb ride

Where ever this ride takes place, I had better clean the mud from January's ride off the Orange soon...

Can I ask about fitness levels.

I'm just getting back into (or should that be onto) my bikes, as a way of improving my cardiovascular fitness for my horse riding, but I'm having a good time, and am keen to get out and about again.

How 'hard core' are all you guys?

And how fit do I need to be just to keep up? :oops:

I'm in W-s-M, so the Mendips and Quantocks are on my doorstep.

Back