Peugeot Vitus

Sorry to jump in lads but I got my greasy sweaty paws on a 1984 Peugeot Vitus 979 ! It was on eBay and at 60cms was morally mine ! It came from a very nice fella called Richard in Hull !

Its in the 1983 team colours but is fitted with all Shimano 600 aprt from the gear levers which are 105 SIS. The saddle and bars/stem are the same as the catalog... She has MA40 Mavics on Campag Athena hubs...Someone must have upgraded the bike perhaps at the tail of the 80's so she is not original

Her decals are a bit doggy and tired but but she rides a dream :cool:

I am going to get her ready for a few sportives this year. Jobs to do are get a set of GP4's and perhaps swap the brake levers for non aero types and new decals !

Sorry about the picture - Should have taken the right side

6713555359_c31915282d.jpg

what are the wheels like? I've some campag victory strada (tub) rims on athena hubs.....perhaps a swap of some sort?

VanhireBoys":1rvkkh81 said:
Sorry to jump in lads but I got my greasy sweaty paws on a 1984 Peugeot Vitus 979 ! It was on eBay and at 60cms was morally mine ! It came from a very nice fella called Richard in Hull !

Its in the 1983 team colours but is fitted with all Shimano 600 aprt from the gear levers which are 105 SIS. The saddle and bars/stem are the same as the catalog... She has MA40 Mavics on Campag Athena hubs...Someone must have upgraded the bike perhaps at the tail of the 80's so she is not original

Her decals are a bit doggy and tired but but she rides a dream :cool:

I am going to get her ready for a few sportives this year. Jobs to do are get a set of GP4's and perhaps swap the brake levers for non aero types and new decals !

Sorry about the picture - Should have taken the right side

6713555359_c31915282d.jpg

markyp":21kitkt8 said:
what are the wheels like? I've some campag victory strada (tub) rims on athena hubs.....perhaps a swap of some sort?

Thanks for the offer Mark but id rather hold on to them ! The roads around here are not tubular friendly and its nice to have the clinchers !

sorting the wheels out now.....mavic MA40's on mavic hubs.

not sure about the toe-clips and straps though...road them for years when younger, don't really want to go back. Managed to get some mavic (look) pedals.....now need to find some Sidi Revolutions.

I can see you are the fellow has been scooping up all the stuff I was watching for my Brouwer/Mavic build.

Good to see it went to a very deserving home....

Hi,

what stuff are you after?

Mark

dbmtb":xaa44k1b said:
I can see you are the fellow has been scooping up all the stuff I was watching for my Brouwer/Mavic build.

Good to see it went to a very deserving home....

almost complete....
need to source a mavic front mech......
replace the bar tape.....
may need a slightly longer stem....
Need to sort out the loose expander bolt rattling around in the seat-tube(?)

Bit of a quandary with the pedals. I've got some quill pedals but really don't want to use toe straps, etc. Look pedals (or adidas/cinelli versions) had just come on the market then....so I can go down that route. I've got some mavic Look pedals.....just need find some shoes (Sidi revolutions anybody in a 43)

What started last year with a Peugeot steel frame has ended with this.....and I've still got 90% of the Peugeot left!

6865802012_f77870e79e_b.jpg

6865802034_cc5b3659e1_b.jpg

Back