rBoTM Febraruy 2012 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts

Dont normally comment too much on BOTM, just admire from afar, but this month I just have too say how 'right' that Roberts looks. Beautiful build.
All of them are brilliant this month, but the Roberts is a tight run first at the moment.
Keep them coming
Jamie

Re. the Roberts - Is it me or is the rear brake cable stop on the wrong side? Couldn't put my finger on what looked wrong about the bike and realised the brake outer was visible in the RH view. Wonder what the rationale is behind it.

Otherwise - I love it - can't fault the specs atall (almost identical to my De Rosa) but can't help but feel "normal" wheels would suit it better.

And you might want to rewrap the bar tape.

This month is going to be harder than usual for me to choose though as there are a few I really like.

Yeah it is on the driveside, which is unconventional. The guides on the toptube are on the driveside so it's the only way to get a natural flow for the rear brake cable housing. I am not sure about the rationale either, maybe someone can enlighten me on here.

I have some normal wheels for normal use, I don't think I will be using the shamals on every occasion.

I have been told about the bar tape too, what is wrong with it may I ask? I thought it looked pretty good :)

Olagnero Signature

Olagnero 'Signature' model, Columbus Thron with complete 105 group including hubs and aeropedals

Attachments

• DSCF0417.jpg
    DSCF0417.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 761
  • DSCF0421.jpg
    DSCF0421.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 761
Hunterlar":1tr1yswc said:
I have been told about the bar tape too, what is wrong with it may I ask? I thought it looked pretty good :)

It's the area round the ergo lever. Not quite sure how you've done it - but the wrap is just big and ugly at that point. You should wrap it so you don't push down on the "lip" of the tape with your palm.

Not quite sure how to explain it so a pic!
743-0-main-gb5_bar_tape-20.jpg

And a useful URL
http://bicyclingaustralia.com.au/conten ... ape-part-2

dbmtb":3dn4b6jm said:
Re. the Roberts - Is it me or is the rear brake cable stop on the wrong side? Couldn't put my finger on what looked wrong about the bike and realised the brake outer was visible in the RH view. Wonder what the rationale is behind it.

Maybe the expectation was the bike would be built with Deltas? Otherwise I can think of no reason.

@johntomjoe - enjoy the devil may care attitude of your entry. On the kickstand on the bridge over the dual carriageway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back