Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

ededwards":3gdmipzi said:
I'll also apologise for my fairly terse post above as I was at work. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just an effort to get back to slagging off bikes rather than nationalities :D

In that spirit, it's not only the Adroit that has to be queried, I reckon all Andy's Klein's are rebadged BE Boss'.

I was actually pretty happy with your post! I was affraid of mixing in this discussion. I don't want to be told that I probably mount SPD cleats under my wooden clogs and live in a windmill... ;)

letmetalktomark":17ykb1kk said:
Andy,

Good on you, I think you have a wonderful Zaskar there ;)

Will be good to see it out at a meet - would be keen to hear feedback on how you find the fork - Im guessing stiff as funk :LOL:

How many Klein's do you have now?

enough to be an authority on the subject . still upset over the fact i was called ruthless and fake and told fish and chips is crap

thanks (still very drunk) andy

StanleyButterfly":4bhztry5 said:
Aren't you even curious to discover the truth? What is the serial number?

they all say T like they are meant to and that is what the whole debate is about.

did Klein sell the wrong bike and should i tag it as adroit.

if Klein built a frame and sent it out stating it was an adroit in 97 and sold it as an adroit and i bought it in its original state as an adroit then the question is do i have the right to get it resprayed and call it an adroit.

I satisfied myself on page 2 of this topic as to wether it was an adroit or not by stating that if klein sold it as an adroit in there catalogue then to me and the people who bought them they are adroits. I don't care what material they had in them or serial numbers before 97 because this debate is about this adroit not the anniversary or the boron back end one or the reinforced one. I don't care if it says t in the serial number or x or the whole alphabet, all i know is that i have the right to stamp this bike as an 97 adroit, because went back to the drawing board and built this bike as a suspension and v brake ready top of there line bike.

Like someone said If it came tagged out of klein adroit then it is adroit, and just to start the purist off it is what i call the real adroit because it was the last. the rest were crap they needed boron just to get to the start line.

god bless them who have a 93/94/95/96

thanking you all andy

any123":n5clvinb said:
Like someone said If it came tagged out of klein adroit then it is adroit, and just to start the purist off it is what i call the real adroit because it was the last. the rest were crap they needed boron just to get to the start line.

god bless them who have a 93/94/95/96

thanking you all andy

Adroit's were made from 1991 to 2001, by far the best was the MC1, which IMHO is the best Klein fusealage made, after that they all go down hill in quality and innnovation.

There's so much incorrect information throughout this thread that I think it's better to do a summary:

1991-1993: MC1 Adroit with 2" downtube, boron/carbon on seatstays and chainstays, boron/carbon reinforced Strata fork, X on serial, painted-to-match stem/bar combo

1994-1995: MC2 Adroit with 2" downtube, NO boron/carbon on frame just Gradient tubing, boron/carbon reinforced Strata fork, X on serial, painted-to-match stem/bar combo

1996 model year made 07-10/1995: identical to 1994 and 1995 Adroits, painted-to-match stem/bar combo only in the very first ones

1996 model year made ~10/1995 onwards: MC2 Adroit with Attitude frame, boron/carbon reinforced Strata fork, X or T on serial, black stem/bar combo

1997: MC2 Adroit with a modified frame based on 1996 Attitude frame - 1.75" downtube, threaded BB shell, routing for V-brakes, no Strata fork available, T on serial, black stem/bar combo

So, the REAL 1996 MC2 Adroits with 2" downtubes ceased to be made in fall 1995. After that the frames were surplus 1995 Attitude frames that were painted as Adroits.
If one bought his with a suspension fork, he paid a lot more compared to a exactly similar Attitude just for the different paintjob (which he could have gotten into the Attitude as well if wanted).
This was an outright scam by Trek back in the day.

For 1997 model year, the Trek used 1996 Attitude frame as a basis for Adroit and Attitude itself used a frame based on 1994-1996 Pulse/Pulse II frame.

To me, the 1997 model is not a proper Adroit even though it bears the name. But it doesn't make it any worse for riding hard and is at least better for everyday use with the modern updates.

BTW: only those with 2" downtube have reinforcements around bottle cage mounting points. 1997 model year bikes and Attitudes do not have them.

Here's a real 1996 Adroit with 2" downtube, made in September 1995:
bblf_adroit_26.jpg

Amen to that! And you can't even call him a corn dog eatin American. Thanks for the summary!
It bugs me when people post incorrect info on the Internet because the result is exactly why this thread is 8 pages long. One stubborn dude holding on to what he wants to believe in with a bunch of people that care about accuracy of facts and history and a bunch of other people that think delusions okay if it keeps people happy.

It's not amen to that man he should of told us this information on page one of this topic.

But that still does not answer the question of am I allowed to call this an adroit.

There again I know I am going to because I just can

Thanks andy

any123":f0rxx1cn said:
It's not amen to that man he should of told us this information on page one of this topic.
why? you ignored all previous info provided, would it have held more sway with you if he'd been able to share sooner?

But that still does not answer the question of am I allowed to call this an adroit.
you could probably call it Rupert too, if you wanted. nobody's really suggesting otherwise(unless I missed it somewhere in this thread?)

There again I know I am going to because I just can

Thanks andy
chicken-feather.jpg

Back