1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

RockiMtn":mdwrz9ew said:
FluffyChicken":mdwrz9ew said:
You'll need to remove the added cable stop as well.

Should make in interesting project (or just run V's and be done with it ;))

cable stop??? there's no cable stop at the end. the inner runs from the cable stop at the front of the frame straight through the noodle directly to the canti.

see here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43180

This top cable stop (1 and 3rd pics above) :)
P1010264.JPG

FluffyChicken":n37oi97u said:
You'll need to remove the added cable stop as well.

Should make in interesting project (or just run V's and be done with it ;))

Yes, let's first get some V's on it and get riding! :)

troje":9i61pxds said:
RockiMtn":9i61pxds said:
my 92… http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48670

i may one day actually make a final decision on components and finish this project :roll:

if you want some close up of the rear canti noodle guide that wraps around the seat tube, let me know. ;)

Thanks! I probably get back to you for that. Great project though!

If you go through the second link i posted when discussing with FC, you'll see some decent shots of the noodle. Of course I can take more/better if needed. ;)

A quick update. I've spend some time polishing the frame with 'commandant', scratch remover and polish. That stuff works really well!

I've added some parts: Old set of DX wheels, XTR M950 V brakes, an ancient Rolls saddle, Syncros cattleprod, Deore thumbies, RaceFace turbine.

Yes, I agree, not period correct, but I set it up to ride here in Holland in the winter and for sure I need V brakes! As for the turbine cranks, I just like the looks of it!

Hopefully soon I have a set of stickers available (thanks to Gil), they should give the bike a true Rocky Mountain look.

P1010312.JPG

blizzard 92

you will love the ride ;)
some pics of mine....

Attachments

• Rocky transfers.JPG
    Rocky transfers.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,417
  • finished in daylight.JPG
    finished in daylight.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 1,417
a quick update on my Blizzard. Thanks to Gil the frame has got back it's real identity with the RM decals now added to the frame.

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

P1010326.JPG

P1010327.JPG

Back