Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Pace forks version?

I've got a Dyna-tech - 3 main tubes are Ti. With Pace forks, cantilevers, 7-speed... STX shifters I think? Can anyone point me to a pic of this specific bike? Been through the thread and can't find it...

I think it's purple and grey but it's been in the loft for a while and I can't quite remember...

Anyway plan is to clean it up and resto it as best I can.

However it's a 20" frame (I think) so would like to swap FRAME ONLY for similar period 16" or 18" - anyone interested?

It's in Portsmouth if that helps...

G

Looked a bit further... I meant m-trax ti4000 - if anyone has a 'small' they want to swap for 'large' just pm me

Thought it was about time to add to the retro Raleighness...
RBDynatech.jpg
- Taken last spring, when I swapped it's (abysmal) Fulcrum winter wheels for it's summer hoops (Ambrosio SSC's reworked onto Mavic Helium hubs) - I've had this for about 6 years now, and it is pretty much a 'daily driver', although over the last year it has been rotated back to best bike status.
I bought this on ebay, although, at the time they seemed to be everywhere; I can remember Samways cycles shifting loads, and most of my mates in Derby Mercury had one at some stage. I paid £100, without forks but a pal of mine who worked at RSP sorted me out some deadstock Mizuno's and the Ronde headset - the Mizunos, sadly, split and it has had the Alpina's ever since. I've lost track of the bikes I've had over the years, but I 'd never want to get shut of this
Current spec - Microshift 9 speed groupset, Dura Ace crankset, Cinelli Grammo stem, 105 calipers, Fred Salmon seatpin, Flite Ti saddle, BBB cassette, KHS chain, Jagwire cables, Ronde headset, SRP and ti bolts throughout
Pending - UN91 Bottom Bracket and Stronglight chainrings

RBDynatech2.jpg

another ebay purchase; £320 with RC36 forks, which was more than I wanted to pay, but c'est la vie. XT 9 speed throughout, apart from SLX shifters - FRM stem, Giant carbon bars, KHS chain, X Lite bar ends, Ringle Moby stem and wheels are a mixture of Suntour XC Pro and XT, with Fir Impes rim. Again, a pleasure to ride and, in my opinion, a much underrated bike.

Nice to see a couple of proper riders there, been evolving with their rider for a few years to be nice and functional, just my cup o'tea :cool:

Got this wonderfull Dyna at wendsday, from UK :D . It is in realy good condition, nearly original configuration :cool: . Only pimped with a Brooks swift, with the original Chen Shing tires :D .

First ride to the Frankfurt classic bike meeting

I have to say, thank you very much twister.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Dynatech XC50 Hybrid

I only just came across this board..

I have a 1992 Dynatech XC50 Hybrid. Anyone know where I might
be able to buy a 7-speed rapidfire shifter/brake lever unit? I have Deore LX
ones on it now, but the right hand one just broke... :-(
Thanks

Re: Dynatech XC50 Hybrid

rod_chapman":372vo5gm said:
I only just came across this board..

I have a 1992 Dynatech XC50 Hybrid. Anyone know where I might
be able to buy a 7-speed rapidfire shifter/brake lever unit? I have Deore LX
ones on it now, but the right hand one just broke... :-(
Thanks

Welcome to RB :cool:

You'll find what you need in the for sale section, although I can't guarantee when! If you'll forgive the plug, I have some XT for sale HERE :oops:

Dynatechrider
Looking really nice :cool: I'm tempted to ask about the car (is it always there?), but I'm really interested to find out more about the bike in the top left of the picture - some very interesting looking seatstays there? :D

Back