Yet another Kona...

Alpha1653

Dirt Disciple
Evening all! I've been looking through this website for a while now and inspired by letmetalktomark's confused kona, I've finally decided to rebuild my 1997 Kona Cinder Cone.

It was my first proper mountain bike and I rode it until about 2000. Since then it's been hiding in my parents garage, stripped down and looking lonely.

Having rebuilt a number of other bikes, I've got all sorts of bits and pieces lying around so the current plan is for it to be a modern build: Fox Float 32 RL's reduced down to 85mm, Hope Mono Minis, disc mount welded by Argos, powder coat and decals redone as per original, 1x9 set up etc etc.

Anyway, I have no idea how long this is going to take but thought I'd document its progress on here...updates to follow!

This is from circa 2000, before attempting to link up every trail we had ever ridden in the local area in one day. We didn't look quite so fresh at the end of it.

I've still got the seat post and saddle which will be used during the build.[/img]

Attachments

• The Epic.jpg
    The Epic.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 3,591
Ha ha, it's actually to spare you lot the look of our very ugly mugs! And even since then, the years have not been favourable :)

In its present guise. Since this photo, cranks, bb, seat post and Flite saddle have been found.

Attachments

• 85mm(1)RB.jpg
    85mm(1)RB.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 3,544
Back