Decent 30.0mm seatpost

Thomson did a small run of 30.0 silver posts. I've never seen one or been able to get my hands on one. I like the idea of wet and dry a black post. I was going to shim my 27.2 but as above it's a risk.
KNC do a tasty gold post but are a bit expensive. Thomson never replied to my emails either :cry:

shaun":pie6kw72 said:
I had the same problem and ended up buying a cheap quality post on ebay that was black and very scratched. Spent 30mins with the wet n dry and metal polish and now it looks shiny and beautiful! :D

What brand please? Got any pics handy?

shaun":pie6kw72 said:
Never ever use a shim, too many damaged frames come to mind by using this bodge. :shock:

Would a longer shim (like 200mm) overcome this problem IYHO?

Awkward Kid":pie6kw72 said:
Thomson did a small run of 30.0 silver posts. I've never seen one or been able to get my hands on one. I like the idea of wet and dry a black post. I was going to shim my 27.2 but as above it's a risk.
KNC do a tasty gold post but are a bit expensive. Thomson never replied to my emails either :cry:

I have seen one place that said they had stock, but I don't have complete confidence in them, especially as the Thomson site has no mention of it.
Maybe worth a try if you say they did a run of them. When I e-mailed Thomson I got a reply very quickly, unfortunately just the wrong answer. :(

I've been using a cheap Kalloy job from eBay until I find something I really want (it's been months). We should start a 104 club :LOL: What spec's are you boys planning?

Awkward Kid":4na3yeb7 said:
I've been using a cheap Kalloy job from eBay until I find something I really want (it's been months). We should start a 104 club :LOL: What spec's are you boys planning?

My build will be a bit more low rent than yours :LOL: 9 speed XT mostly. Fitting it out with the parts from my modern Kona, but everything I buy specifically for the Pace is/will be slightly higher end.

A club might be going a bit far, but a thread would be cool. See how many we have on the board. You've got 112M, I have 084.......

letmetalktomark":4na3yeb7 said:
What length is the shim recommended by Pace?

No idea. There doesn't seem to be any web presence for either the maker or distributor of it. The fact that even that is not recommended by Pace for long term use deters me.

In all honesty - why the hell are Pace using a tubing size that nobody makes nice seatposts for? Surely it must be putting people off from buying what is otherwise a very nice frame indeed.

They should get Hope or Thomson to do a run of seatposts that they can sell together with the frames. 30.9 down to 30.00 can't be that difficult a proposition - they're CNC lathed anyway.

This is what you need - THOMSON Elite SEATPOST 30.0 X 410MM Black - inline style. Wet and dry it, then use autosol metal polish and then you will end up with the most beautiful post ever in my opinion and like mine will be unique and understated. These polished look far better than scuffed dull black in my opinion and you won't have that worry in the back of your mind when using shims. SORTED :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THOMSON-Elite ... 2319c3c641

ps be quick as only a day to go on the bay and only £16.58 at the mo! ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dbmtb":275xqbpj said:
In all honesty - why the hell are Pace using a tubing size that nobody makes nice seatposts for? Surely it must be putting people off from buying what is otherwise a very nice frame indeed.

Exactly what I was thinking, just doesn't make sense. Orange used to use 27.2 tubes. Everyone started wanting 30.9 so they could fit a dropper so they changed the spec. Can't be that hard can it :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back