1992 Rocky Mountain Hammer Budget Build

Tousi

Dirt Disciple
So, I have finally decided to start a build thread on the 1992 RM Hammer that I acquired back in the fall of 2011.

I guess to start things off, I was surfing our local classifieds, which I guess I tend to do very, very often, and up popped this ad for a rocky mountain hammer, frame and forks only, for $35cdn! So as fast as I could type, I shot off a reply and stated I could pick them up ASAP! Seller replied, and I went to pick the parts up. Turns out it was actually more than just frame and fork, it was, frame, fork, original drivetrain and brakes, stem, seatpost/seat, only thing really missing were the wheels, chainrings, and handlebars.

The frame and forks aren't in the greatest condition, looks way better in the picture, there is a lot of 'patina', which I will probably leave for now, as I have another RM in the works which will require a full strip and respray.

I had another set of wheels off another bike that I put on, not sure on the make, but are straight and true, found a set of Tioga bars on the Bay for cheap, and along with some Oury grips, bike was almost together.
Made a few deals with some locals here, I guess no longer into biking, or moving on to modern stuff, and scored a few deals on Ebay. Originally was going to go with a Rolls saddle, but found a Flite cheap locally, and also a syncros post for a great price. Swapped out the canti's for Avid Arch rivals (never liked canti's), but then made another deal for some brand new Magura Racelines, and although bright yellow, they seem to fit ok, I like them anyways!

Found someone local selling NOS Specialized skinwalls, like the look, but have since scored a few more sets of tires and may change them out.

Acquired a few sets of RF Turbines, as some of you may have seen from the Turbine thread, but I'm waiting on a black set for this, which are in the works with RockiMtn, just waiting on finishing a deal with him, which I think is Top Secret right now. :cool:

Anyways, enough rambling, here's a couple of pictures,

Hammer_001.sized.jpg

Hammer_002.sized.jpg

hi
looking good so far. gotta luv a rocky!!! the race face cranks will set it off nicely. keep the pictues coming.
roy

Fantastic find! Actually quite similar to the '92 blizzard I'm building! (I do have the Rolls...)

Can you share the serial number on this one?

That's really nice - the maguras seem to suit it very well indeed. Wouldn't mind trying a steel rocky next... maybe one day.

Flouro yellow decals and cranks - it would like a Canadian Pace Rc100. ;-)

hmmm… how did i miss this? :?

your Turbine LPs are on there way and should get to you before end of week. they will definitely add to that nicely. surprising i'm liking the look of the mags and skinwalls on that! ;)

thats it - im off to pull my old RM hammer out of the loft - seeing how good that looks, and knowing I have one upstairs...criminal

Back