Bontrager Road Lite

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I thought you all might want to see some photos of my new baby. I've fitted a Syncros post (thanks Jeroen) which has improved the fit, a shorter stem is on the way too.

I'm really pleased with it and can't wait for quiet summer evenings blasting round the fells. Looking forward to your comments

Looks great Ben, lovely understated finish and really feeling that slender wishbone rear end.

I'd agree with that.

Really like the rear triangle in particular.

Nicely understated and class bike you have there.

Midlife":2i9zo7n2 said:
Very stealthy :)

Are you six foot five ??

Shaun

Thanks mate,

No I'm six foot nothing but perhaps the sloping top tube makes it look that way! To be totally honest, when I bought the bike from a chap in the states, he told me it was a large and even gave me the brochure dimensions for a large. However it is in fact an extra large and perhaps on the large size for me, hence me buying an inline syncros post and a shorter stem is coming too. I'm desperate to get it to fit me better!

ededwards":28yarp6c said:
Looks great Ben, lovely understated finish and really feeling that slender wishbone rear end.

Thanks Ed, I'm really happy with it, the compliment means a great deal coming from you.

Ally":1oob0cxa said:
I'd agree with that.

Really like the rear triangle in particular.

Nicely understated and class bike you have there.

Thank you, the wishbone is investment cast and is a lovely piece of craftsmanship.

This is indeed a very nice bike. I am tempted to try to find one myself. The rear stays junction and the slightly sloping top tube is get lovely....
But could you tell a bit about how it rides. Bontrager mtb used to be kind of flexy in the rear end. Do the road bike also have this kind of slightly gentle moving sideways in the crank department...
Cheers

Yetidh9":p3xvcelo said:
This is indeed a very nice bike. I am tempted to try to find one myself. The rear stays junction and the slightly sloping top tube is get lovely....
But could you tell a bit about how it rides. Bontrager mtb used to be kind of flexy in the rear end. Do the road bike also have this kind of slightly gentle moving sideways in the crank department...
Cheers

Thanks mate, I am yet to spend any length of time in the saddle as the size issue currently prevents this. Hopefully I will be able to update you when I can get the bike to fit me better!

Back