Car Racks

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi there,

Just out of interest what car racks do you use to ferry around your bikes?

Had to stop using my current carrier due to having a few "moments!"

Does anyone use towbar fixed one?

I have a 206 with a towbar so I guess the worlds my oyster................

Cheers folks,

Mark

:D :D :D

DONT i ride my bike :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry mate i couldn't help myself gotta pendle rack for my mums discovery :cool: works fine when i cant put it in the back

I use roof bars & Thule carriers, if I had a tow bar I'd use Thule, very good stuff, well designed & built, expensive, but worth it.

I've got a Saris like this..........

3f1d_1.JPG

(bike goes in the car, kids go on the rack. ;) )

I've got one of these (although the two-bike model)...

9403_ride_on1.jpg

Can't fault it - keeps the mud outside!

Love my Thule roof bars on my diesel estate. Solid as a rock (so far!). I do use them with the built in roof rails, though.

But I still haven't figured out a way to get to my destination without repeating "look out for height restrictions, look out for height restrictions" all the way only to get out of the car, start to unload the bikes and realise that I'd totally forgotten they were on the roof ....

Picked up one being sold for £9.99 at sainsburys its fiddly to setup, but works ok.

Another vote for Thule. I have the roof aero bars which I love. One turn to clamp the bike, and lockable.

cheapest place I found was www.skidrive.co.uk , with excellent service also. They only dispatched one bike carrier, rang them, & it was on my doorstep the next day with no hassle or argument

Also just bought Thule aero roof bars and the front wheel mount bike mount (Freeride?) for the new Golf.

All seems very well designed and solid.

Would have gone tow bar mounted though if I'd had the option.

An estate car so the bikes go inside.

The present car (a 1998 BMW 528 touring) is OK, you can get 3 bikes and 3 people inside. The previous car (a 1991 Volvo 940 estate) was brilliant, if you took both wheels off the bikes, you could get 5 people and 5 bikes inside the car comfortably. Why would you need a rack in those circumstances?

Latest posts

Back