Pace RC 500 Gumtree... Value?

stevetait":11d6oxts said:
Good point, I'm just chatting with seller now trying to establish the size.

Does this mean it will be ridden if it fits you?

Or that you need to know if it will fit on your ceiling for the next 20yrs...

lol

I agree with the other RC500 owner on here... in essence it looks a goer... I personally think it is a bit top heavy at that money - a grand is much nearer the mark...

Condition, if I'm honest, looks a little better than what I had to start with. If the hubs/rims/brakes/crank are period correct, you'd be halfway there.

With a clean and nice RC150 up front that bike would potentially look great. I'd budget a £1000 to buy it (max) and £250 for bits... Factor in a £150 rebuild on the forks. Then you'd have a really nice example of the RC500 at around it's current price...

Not sure if the triple clamps currently on it would get you anything back...

Hope it goes to someone on here and if it does, i'm always available to offer help and assistance... JeRkY's the real fount of knowledge though!

Just remembered, this was up for sale last year... and the guy sent me some hi res photo's... The three that are on Gumtree and one other...

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Just a thought guys (and Rob in particular). Does that rear shock arrangement look right...? (as seen on bottom pic)

The machined linkage that goes from the downtube to the rear end of the fox shock looks bent. It should be straight, but it doesn't look like that in the photo... I'd certainly want to give it a thorough check before purchase...

Can't think how it would get bent/broken....

Just a thought guys (and Rob in particular). Does that rear shock arrangement look right...? (as seen on bottom pic)

The machined linkage that goes from the downtube to the rear end of the fox shock looks bent. It should be straight, but it doesn't look like that in the photo... I'd certainly want to give it a thorough check before purchase...

Can't think how it would get bent/broken....

On refletion, I think it is OK, it's just sat a bit funny, because of the way the front forks hold the front up...

Back