BoTM Feb 2012 'Aluminium Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibis Alibi ...."Not that I imagine that'll win many votes in this incredible line-up..." well, it's heading for mine so far. A proper working BIKE!

oldave":12ricdor said:
Ibis Alibi ...."Not that I imagine that'll win many votes in this incredible line-up..." well, it's heading for mine so far. A proper working BIKE!

It is true that I can't find a single picture of it clean :oops:

:LOL:

Goodness knows how many thousand miles we've done together but I can give you a story for every scrape... if you don't run quick enough!

Just scrolled throught this month's thread in one go, was thinking it's a tough choice this month... at least I was until page 9 and the San Andreas. I seriously doubt anything will come along now that'll steal my vote from that beauty!

Just in case you were thinking I don't ride my Pace........

Here it is waiting for re-mount after a well earned food stop taday, and they are real blobs of mud on the seat post. :shock: :shock: Needless to say it wasn't quite that clean by the time I got home.

Don't know what it is about this bike but I'm totally OCD with its cleanliness.

Also note seating position has changed since build pics and is as I ride it ;)

IMAG0230.jpg

Didn't check all pages but apparently, no Manitous around !!!

And an aluminium contest without those gorgeous frames :roll: :roll: :roll: Is it a real contest???

Let me throw my 1995 Manitou Comp HT in, please. I just finished it this morning after 5 years of hard labor to build it!!! I like to take my time to build my bikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

img6189yu.jpg

img6191q.jpg

I will add the full build tread in the next days...

The silver American or the Alpine Stars so far for me I think.

The RC100 should really win hands down in my book - but I just can't get my head round how big it is....

TBH my 2 contenders look as if they've not got out much so I'm tempted to go for the Ibis as it looks as if it has had more fun than the others.

Raymond_mole: Fantastic bike and great collection of Paces.

Enjoyed your build thread also, hadn't seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back