Klein Adroit Storm Custom Finished

When one mocks the Brits using food allegorys, one traditionally uses the dish "Spotted Dick" I believe.

"Corndog" is correct, however "Grits" is a predominatly southern dish, so not appropriate for the whole nation.

Apologies accepted all around. And no harm intended -- after multiple pages of the Adroit debate, I was actually just most amused by the missing comma in "thanks andy" .... didn't mean to (unduly) burn the haggis. Stir the pudding? Husk the corn dog? Oh man, what's an appropriately inappropriate metaphor here?

I am now on the hunt for fully lugged Klein Inept in Graffiti with 200GS kit -- there can't be too many of those running around anymore.

You're welcome,

Nate

I'll also apologise for my fairly terse post above as I was at work. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just an effort to get back to slagging off bikes rather than nationalities :D

In that spirit, it's not only the Adroit that has to be queried, I reckon all Andy's Klein's are rebadged BE Boss'.

Boss!

British%20Eagle%20BOSS.jpg

Andy,

Good on you, I think you have a wonderful Zaskar there ;)

Will be good to see it out at a meet - would be keen to hear feedback on how you find the fork - Im guessing stiff as funk :LOL:

How many Klein's do you have now?

StanleyButterfly":dhrnluja said:
Aren't you even curious to discover the truth? What is the serial number?
the short answer to that is no

or
any123":dhrnluja said:
TheFatMan":dhrnluja said:
what is so hard to understand with the frames and the names?

The 97 KOI Adroit is an Attitude frame. The Frame number under the BB will say it. Its an 96 Attitude "Framesize" followed by "T" for attitude, then the month and year 96 of production.

Its an Attitude frameset which was painted as Adroit. ...so what should happen from Treks view to the Attitude then? - Eesy: The labelled the Pulse Frames as Attitude and called them Attitude race and comp. Attitudes (as written on the frames) from 97 cataloge will have the "P" instead of the "T" under their BB.

And what should happen to the Pulse then? Its TREK frames with external cable guides...thats the story...

Adroits (REAL Adroits) with the "X" in the frame number don´t exist later than 95...the originally burgundy is the last one. And when the frame were out the painted Attitude frames with burgundy paint and put an Adroit sticker an the side...thats the other story. There was no production of boron reinforced frames any longer when KLEIN was sold...

again: Have fun with your Adroit-labelled - T stamped - Attitude frame!

We know all that but the question which i am asking is

if Klein built a frame and sent it out stating it was an adroit in 97 and sold it as an adroit and i bought it in its original state as an adroit then the question is do i have the right to get it resprayed and call it an adroit.

I satisfied myself on page 2 of this topic as to wether it was an adroit or not by stating that if klein sold it as an adroit in there catalogue then to me and the people who bought them they are adroits. I don't care what material they had in them or serial numbers before 97 because this debate is about this adroit not the anniversary or the boron back end one or the reinforced one. I don't care if it says t in the serial number or x or the whole alphabet, all i know is that i have the right to stamp this bike as an 97 adroit.

thanks (hope that clears things up) andy

letmetalktomark":1ffrr80t said:
Andy,

Good on you, I think you have a wonderful Zaskar there ;)

Gives me an idea :idea: maybe i can get some 92 zaskar decals and put them on an old pantera? then i'll finally have a zas ;)

Back